Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Feraud

Bartender
Better than most of the garbage coming out these days. I did not read the book but could tell there were plot elements that were missing or revised from the novel. The ending felt a bit rushed. Definitely worth a watch.

mikey517

New in Town
I know I'm rather new here, but my wife and I liked Australia. Bought our own copy, actually...

Last movie watched was Curious Case of Benjamin Button when we bought the BluRay. Really love that movie.

What did everyone think of Doubt?.....

WH1

Practically Family
State of the Union
Directed by Capra
Stars Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn, Angela Lansbury, Adolph Menjou, Van Johnson (great one-liners) and Margaret Hamilton. Good movie, apparently there was quite a bit of tension on the set among the leads particularly Hepburn, Lansbury and Hepburn, Menjou. Apparently it translates into the movie.

The Thin Man Goes Home, very enjoyable. I am always amazed at the ease with which Myrna Loy and William Powell work together. I don't know if there is another couple in movies that look so perfect together.

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I love the look and feel of the movie, especially the Dirigible scenes, but really didn't like Jude Law and definitley thought Gwyneth Paltrow was a weak lead in this movie.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Last year's The Incredible Hulk, which was a real disappointment. I liked Ang Lee's 2003 Hulk much more.

This one had an outright awful, dumb script; flat, one-dimensional performances (even from usually dependable actors); and I don't think that the new CGI Hulk came off as any more believable than the first version. It did hew closer to the old TV series approach than the Lee film - but aside from the nostalgia value, it didn't serve the story/characters as well as Lee's more psychological take. Sure, it had loads of action - but so what? I just couldn't take it seriously.

Considering how much "better" this one was supposed to be, I was vastly underwhelmed. And really glad that I chose not to see it theatrically last year...

JennyLou

Practically Family
Just finished Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. It's cute.

I also watched Frost Nixon which I thought I would hate bt I actually liked it. I was surprised that I enjoyed it.

JennyLou

Practically Family
Quigley Brown said:
I watched The Shawshank Redemption (for about the umpteenth time) early this morning. I found this interesting bit a trivia that made me chuckle:

The American Humane Association monitored the filming of scenes involving Brooks' crow. During the scene where he fed it a maggot, the AHA objected on the grounds that it was cruel to the maggot, and required that they use a maggot that had died from natural causes. One was found, and the scene was filmed.
Wow, that's an interesting fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner