Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

inge77

New in Town
last movie I watched

The last movie I watched was Episode 5 of Berkeley Square, from England. What great clothes!!! The year in that series is 1902...heavenly!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I thank you.

Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942). I can see why James Cagney got the best actors Oscar. Seeing all those gangster flicks one forgets that he was a song & dance man. And with the smallest feet I've ever seen on a man. Had it recorded on the DVR, now I must own this one too.

Cheers!

Dan

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"A Rainy afternoon watching Noel Coward's "Hay Fever" starring Penelope Keith, Paul Eddington, and Patricia Hodge, crazy antics in a country house also on a rainy Weekend"

PenelopeKeith_StarQuality-aug01.jpg

ron521

One of the Regulars
Last night, I watched "Barb Wire", a 1990's sci-fi remake of "Casablanca", with Pamela Anderson playing Humphrey Bogart's "Rick" character.
Watching with that in mind, it was actually kind of entertaining, although not exactly "film noir".

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I rather enjoyed it. Yes, there are some elements that are missing that were in the book, but I tend to think of stuff like that as literary filler. Something that isn't crucial to the main story but is used to fill out the story a bit more. It was well put together and left me wanting to see the Deathly Hallows ASAP.

Cheers!

Dan

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Which version?

I like the 1934 version better :)

LD

The 1959 version with Lana Turner - I've heard the original was the better version so I wouldn't mind checking it out. I did enjoy the movie - certain parts of it were quite shocking.

The 1959 one came in a Douglas Sirk boxset that I got from Amazon with the following movies:

Has Anyone Seen My Gal?
All I Desire
All that Heaven Allows
Magnificent Obsession
Written on the Wind
The Tarnished Angels

Not bad for £14.98!

Shirin

A-List Customer
The Great Rupert (1950) apparently this was released some time later under the title "A Christmas Wish"
I enjoyed it. Favorite lines; Don't touch those cobwebs they my be holding the place together"
and another which goes something like
"I guess its better to have money coming down and nuts going up, than money going up and nuts coming down"

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I caught the end of "The Way of the Gun" tonight. I enjoy this one and watch it frequently.
I rented "A Haunting in Connecticut" yesterday. Pretty good scary movie!!

Kent Allard

New in Town
Duck Soup and Forgotten Silver were the last two I watched.

Duck Soup is my absolute favorite Marx Brothers movie. Eminently quotable and loads of fun.

I highly recommend Forgotten Silver to any silent movie afficionado. It's a faux documentary about the greatest filmmaker to come out of New Zealand. Well worth a view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran