Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

I have one in green and di-noc, but it's not an LTD II. I see your pic came from the Station Wagon Forums. I'm a member over there.

Just watched that Wives with Beehives show. Didn't think I'd be impressed and I was right. Came off scripted to me, which I'm sure it was.

Di-Noc!? :eusa_doh: That is one of the reasons I hate them. :p
Green and Di-noc:
1977FordLTDIISquire.jpg

:puke: Oops same color. :p
As opposed to:
1936_plymouth_westchester_woody-station_wagon.jpg

Hi All

I watched an episode of BONAZA today. The hat that Dan Blocker AKA Horse Cartwright was wearing must of weight 10lbs
A giant of a hat, clearly the largest hat I ever saw on the head of a human being.
You had to love Horse and Little Joe and Hop Sing etc.
Best regards
CCJ

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I knew someone with the previous model wagon pictured, same color combination though.
This is one of the reasons I watch the old shows though, because like Tom said, they were still optioned nicely.
Many cars just come with tan, grey, or black interior. Gone are the days of blue, green, red/maroon, etc.
I'll concede on the clothes because a look at wishbookweb.com reveals just how bad "fashion" was in the 70's and even into the 80's.
It's one thing to see it in the tv shows, but quite another to see what was on sale for the public to buy.
Like plaid pants. :eeek:
The old tv shows are a time capsule showing the values and mindset of that period, as reflected in the styles of dress, interior design, and cars used.

I have one in green and di-noc, but it's not an LTD II. I see your pic came from the Station Wagon Forums. I'm a member over there.

Just watched that Wives with Beehives show. Didn't think I'd be impressed and I was right. Came off scripted to me, which I'm sure it was.

I too watched that Beehives show and like you, I was not impressed. More shallow and catty reality tv.

I knew someone with the previous model wagon pictured, same color combination though.
This is one of the reasons I watch the old shows though, because like Tom said, they were still optioned nicely.
Many cars just come with tan, grey, or black interior. Gone are the days of blue, green, red/maroon, etc.
I'll concede on the clothes because a look at wishbookweb.com reveals just how bad "fashion" was in the 70's and even into the 80's.
It's one thing to see it in the tv shows, but quite another to see what was on sale for the public to buy.
Like plaid pants. :eeek:
The old tv shows are a time capsule showing the values and mindset of that period, as reflected in the styles of dress, interior design, and cars used.

Yeah but the interiors came in those same plaid fabrics as the clothing. I don't need those interior options. At least they didn't have shag rugs in them. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Shag rugs? That's known as "deep pile carpeting" in some models. ;)

I decided (after so many on here discussed the show) to upload The Rockford Files to my Netflix Que.
So far, not bad, but I'm only in the first episode.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Don't forget AMC Gremlin and Jeep Levi's edition interiors! Ricardo Montalban would haunt me tonight if I didn't mention every ones favorite interior option, Corinthian Leather!
[video=youtube;vIL3fbGbU2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIL3fbGbU2o[/video]

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Watching Bewitched.
This is sadly the few episodes Dick York was absent continuously, because of his pain/painkillers issue.
As with a lot of characters leaving a show, he calls in on the phone but we never see him.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
The Girl - I watched this on Christmas Eve on BBC2. It was a drama based on the difficult relationship between Tippi Hedren and Alfred Hitchcock. I was really looking forward to seeing this but it was very disappointed. I haven't seen too much of Sienna Miller's work but can't say that she's a very good actress - she went through the motions as Tippi but to me she was all style and no substance. Toby Jones however was superb as Hitchcock - he had his voice down pat and gave a great performance. Overall, the film was a bit on the airy side - no great revelations (apart from what we have heard Tippi talking about in interviews) and was all rather underwhelming - more could have been made of the project I reckon.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Jack the Ripper: James Tumblety?
Documentary which theorizes that Jack the Ripper was an American quack doctor named Francis Tumblety.
That would fit, if it had happened in America. I know he could have traveled, but why?
Still think it was a derranged Doctor over there, and not a member of the royal family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters