Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Jack Patch

Familiar Face
A history of the flora and fauna of the Appalachian Mountains. I was in the hospital last week for pneumonia and watched a lot of nature shows.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I grew up watching all of them as well. I even followed Are you Being Served Again until that ran its course. Molly Sugden, John Inman and Trevor Bannister are gone now but their contribution is still part of what makes Are You Being Served great.

I grew up watching all those old Brit coms since they had them every Sunday afternoon on PBS. 'Allo, Allo and Are You Being Served? were my favorites. Then of course, Keeping Up Appearances, One Foot in the Grave, and As Time Goes By came later and I loved them all, too.

Mr. Humphries really made that show. He was always hilarious. "I'm free." :rofl: Then there was always Miss Belfridge. :eyebrows:

Watched all those years back. Great show. If you "get" Brit humor those types of shows are great fun. Now I watch all the Brit soap operas like Downton and Mr Selfridge. Gettin' old lol

LOVE this British comedy! Used to watch it all the time when I was younger. It's hard to catch it on my local PBS station now, though. I think Mrs. Slocum is my favorite character.

AYBS is one of the BEST comedy shows on television, without a doubt. It's just SO funny. But I agree with Butte, you have to understand the nuances of British comedy to find it funny. If you can't understand how it works, then it ain't funny. But if you do, you're likely to rupture a lung!

My favourite characters are Mr. Humphries and Mr. Lucas., with Mrs. Slocombe coming close behind.

The show is just so funny. In fact, they tried to do an Australian version of it once (which failed miserably), which shows how popular it once was, and continues to be.

"You'll find that the sleeves will ride up with wear..."
"There's no need to lie to me, Mr. Grainger! I work here!"

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
:rofl: I remember that episode. lol

It's truly a classic of British comedy. Up there with "Dad's Army", Fawlty Towers, and Mr. Bean.

"You'll never find a dirty plate in my kitchen! And if there are any food-scraps, my pussy gobbles them up in a flash!"

"Eah!"
"I do not respond to 'eah!', Mr. Harmond!"
"Orroight...OY!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points