Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

F&F 6. My son and I snuck in a F&F marathon one weekend I think it was last year and both of us were surprised it was kinda fun. Not my regular diet, but like many movies of the style over substance type, fun nonetheless. Besides, it was free.

...And their ability to just drive up in Burt's driveway, while he's standing by the garage...
That was clearly pre-arranged, and I'm sure Burt got paid for his appearance in the show.

...I guess for his age, he looked good, but maybe if he had been sitting down (instead of with a cane and hunched over) it wouldn't have been so hard to watch (for the Reynolds fans out there)...
As we discussed several pages back, in the last few years he's had back surgery, quintuple bypass heart surgery, a near-fatal bout with the flu, a stint in rehab to try to cure his addiction to painkillers, and that's all on top of the knee injury that ended his college football career and whatever injuries he's suffered during his stunt and acting careers, any or all of which must surely be affecting his mobility at his age (77).

That was clearly pre-arranged, and I'm sure Burt got paid for his appearance in the show.

As we discussed several pages back, in the last few years he's had back surgery, quintuple bypass heart surgery, a near-fatal bout with the flu, a stint in rehab to try to cure his addiction to painkillers, and that's all on top of the knee injury that ended his college football career and whatever injuries he's suffered during his stunt and acting careers, any or all of which must surely be affecting his mobility at his age (77).

Like my grandfather used to say “the only thing good about living to be old is that you didn’t die young.” :doh:

vintageTink

One Too Many

Maybe his mustache is pulling him over.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Maybe his mustache is pulling him over.

:D
Zombie, my wife and I discussed your very post (actually the points you made before you made them).
We knew he was a stunt man and foot ball player.
I didn't know about the surgery though.
So you're saying this was a hollyweird set up?
I'll agree with you, but entertaining...it was entertaining. :D

Watched an episode of Match Game.
This guy was a contestant, a very short time before the achievements below were done.
Aldo Spadoni, President of Aerospace Imagineering, is an MIT graduate with extensive experience as an aerospace engineer, conceptual designer, and futurist. Aldo has contributing to the conceptual, prototype, and production design of numerous advanced aircraft, missiles, and spacecraft For NASA and The U.S. Armed Services.
:eeek:
Smart guy, spoke fluent Italian with Charles Nelson Reilly and Gene Rayburn, but gave bad answers.

Last edited:
Howabout that Faber? He is still a beast. I have a picture of the two of us standing together. I am 10 inches taller and outweigh him by 115 plus pounds, but there is no doubt who is the badder of the two. His personage resonates strength.
:D

You are going to really enjoy catching up on the backstory, character motivations and history when you do see season 1 and 2 as the show has down an excellent job building out story lines, developing characters and expanding on early themes.
I finally picked up seasons 1 and 2 of Hell on Wheels on Blu-Ray. I've only watched four episodes so far, but I can already tell you were absolutely right when you wrote this F.F.. Having seen season 3 first, I can say it's almost more enjoyable watching the series this way--knowing where the characters are, then going back to see how they got there. Regardless, I'm really enjoying this series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav