Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Just watched, via DVR, the most recent episodes of "Hell on Wheels" and "Manhattan." Both shows are doing a very good job this season. The angle of having a Mormon wife and the angle of the new government officials in town have given "Hell on Wheels" fresh story lines to pursue and a burst of energy. "Manhattan" is so beautifully filmed that even if it didn't have interesting characters and story lines - which it does have - I would probably still watch it.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Alaska State Troopers. I finally figured out why I like this show, the criminals, make me look like a founding member of Mensa!

Feraud

Bartender
I'm enjoying the new IFC channel program Garfunkel and Oates. G&O are two young ladies who form the comedy/folk duo and are trying to broaden their appeal in the entertainment business.
These two are a hell of a lot funnier than most of the comedy dreck we're subjected to on television. The songs performed during the episodes are a mixture of sharp wit only slightly hidden behind quirky charm. For every woman out there claiming to be about "female empowerment" (nearly every woman involved in R&B/Hip-Hop and that god awful what's her name from Girls) Kate and Riki present a low key yet powerfully authentic female voice.
I hope the show does well.

I'm enjoying the new IFC channel program Garfunkel and Oates...
I haven't seen Garfunkel and Oates yet, but after reading your opinions I think I'll have to make more of an effort. I started watching Maron last season and got hooked almost immediately, so maybe lightning will strike twice.

Whatever idiot figures it didn't target to the idiot demographics...
That article seems to indicate A&E cancelled the series because of diminished ratings for the third season, and I'm not too surprised...about the ratings, that is. The first two seasons of the series consisted of mainly stand-alone episodes, and every once-in-a-while they'd remind the viewers that Walt was still trying to locate his wife's killer. Suddenly in the third season they threw in not one, but two story arcs that stretched out through the entire season (Branch Connally's search for the allegedly-dead-man who attacked him, and Henry Standing Bear's legal troubles). As much as I like Longmire, I thought those season-long story arcs changed the tone of the show and it got a little monotonous. "Procedural" shows like this work best when they solve cases in one episode, or two at most, and if it gets picked up I hope the new producers return it to it's original format.

Feraud

Bartender
I haven't seen Garfunkel and Oates yet, but after reading your opinions I think I'll have to make more of an effort. I started watching Maron last season and got hooked almost immediately, so maybe lightning will strike twice.
Hope you enjoy G&E. My son introduced me to Maron's show and I too was immediately hooked.

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
DD and I are currently watching a mini-marathon of Adam-12 that we've been recording on dvr the last week. Sad to hear Longmire was cancelled, but then A&E has basically turned into the "crap" channel anyway. We used to watch The Glades which was cancelled too. How many episodes of Storage Wars can anyone watch?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto