Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Did anyone watch the Talking Dead last night? Conan O'Brian was a guest and had some hilarious comments about Gareth. Something along the lines of a frustrated Starbucks coffee server throwing a hissy fit. Funny stuff.

Yeah Conan reminded me why I liked him sooooo much better than Jay. The Starbucks allusion was priceless.

Worf

I don't know...it seemed a lot closer this second time around now that I watched it. Never thought I'd say it (thought Lawler won the first time I watched it)..this time honestly I do think Hendricks pulled it out in the last round. :eeek:
HD

Having written this statement during the second round, I think that I too believe that Hendricks won it with his fifth round performance. I was so sure that Lawler won it, especially after he had Hendricks in the Land of Loopy, but the judges watched the fight more clearly than I.
:D

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Did anyone watch the Talking Dead last night?
I thoroughly enjoy TWD, but TD is ridiculous. It's interesting to see who is into the show and some of the technical trickery, but the discussions are often pretentious and pure bloviation. Scott Gimple, one of the executive producers who is commonly on TD, is the worst offender. I think it is great that he takes the show, and his job, seriously, but he fancies himself Socrates or something. The guy is just an arrogant twit. There's a lot of potential philosophizing to go with this series, but TD falls short of that week after week after week. Most of these aftershows are cerebral disasters, and this one is at the top of the list.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Chasing Classic Cars. He went and bought the Fitch Phoenix. John Cooper Fitch, was an incredible man! WWII P-51 pilot with the 4th fighter group, he was shot down and spent the last few months as a prisoner of war. After the war he raced sports cars, and won many races, in 1953 he was voted "Sports Car Driver of the Year" by Speed Age magazine. In 1955, he was the co-driver of Pierre Levegh, who lost control of his magnesium body Mercedes, which went into the crowd and killed 83 spectators. Fitch dedicated most of the rest of his life to save drivers lives, both on and off the track. He invented the Fitch Barrier, those ubiquitous yellow or orange drums you see on highways. They are filled with sand and absorb impact, Fitch would drive into them at 60mph to show how safe they are. They have saved over 17,000 lives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara