Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'm so glad that putz Eugene was exposed for the weak fraud he really is. My son and I read the graphic novels and have been biting our tongues to not leak this plot point to my wife.

I never got that far in the mags but the guy.. never, EVER passed the "smell test" with me. If he were THAT important they'd have flown him out when the whole thing started to "go south". Also he could never explain the physics or chemistry of these reset weapons. As my dad used to say "you cain't bullchit a bullchitter!" Here endeth the lesson.

Worf

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Yup. His answer was always something like,... "That's classified." given with a sort of blank look. Never fooled me for a minute. :cool:
I never got that far in the mags but the guy.. never, EVER passed the "smell test" with me. If he were THAT important they'd have flown him out when the whole thing started to "go south". Also he could never explain the physics or chemistry of these reset weapons. As my dad used to say "you cain't bullchit a bullchitter!" Here endeth the lesson.

Worf

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Hell on Wheels "Bleeding Kansas" season 4 episode 10

Possibly the best episode since season 1. All the gore was unnecessary. It was its Achilles. Yet, still 100Xs better done gore than Sons of Anarchy.

Which is a segue for one more point about Sons of Anarchy. Has anyone noticed that this show is too cheap to pay any of the original music artists for its soundtrack? They always cover classic songs so they don't have to pay full licensing from whoever owns the rights. In some instances it isn't of significance, but when they use a classic song in their episode-ending montages and milktoast cover it, I have to shake my head at how tight they are with the checkbook.

Hell on Wheels "Bleeding Kansas" season 4 episode 10

Possibly the best episode since season 1. All the gore was unnecessary. It was its Achilles. Yet, still 100Xs better done gore than Sons of Anarchy.

Which is a segue for one more point about Sons of Anarchy. Has anyone noticed that this show is too cheap to pay any of the original music artists for its soundtrack? They always cover classic songs so they don't have to pay full licensing from whoever owns the rights. In some instances it isn't of significance, but when they use a classic song in their episode-ending montages and milktoast cover it, I have to shake my head at how tight they are with the checkbook.

Agree that it was an outstanding episode and agree that all the gore was tiresome and gratuitous. But the interpersonal dramas - between Cullen and Sydney, Cullen and Ruth (those two have great chemistry and a really interesting attraction), Louise and Campbell and Cullen and Campbell - were powerful and some of the best they've done. Also, just when you think Durant has drifted into two-dimensional character mode, he pulls out a great performance. Could have done without the gore, but excellent episode.

Just in case you don't already know, the Batmobile that was "built" by George Barris started life as a Lincoln concept car--a 1955 Futura:

1955_Lincoln_Futura_zpsec5a175c.jpg

Barris had purchased the car from Ford for $1 some time before the producers of Batman came calling. When they asked him to build them a Batmobile and gave him three weeks to do so, he thought the Futura's lines would be perfect for the job, and the rest is history.

The thing is, the Batmobile was supposed to make a statement, to fit in with the bright colors and camp tone of the series, and it certainly did that well. But The Green Hornet was a more serious production and the Green Hornet himself was supposed to be operating "under the radar", so the Black Beauty was a far more subdued customization because it wasn't supposed to draw attention to itself.

To be honest, years ago I would have agreed with you absolutely. The Batmobile was cool, while the Black Beauty was just...there. But I've gained an appreciation for the Black Beauty over the years, and now I like it's understated design almost as much as I like the Batmobile.

The gym my wife and I used to go to had rows of television sets in front of their exercise bikes, and treadmills, and those elliptical things that make everyone look like they're doing a poor job of cross-country skiing, so it's not unheard of.

Besides, when you think about it, for some people going to the gym is rather silly anyway. They go there and pretend they're riding a bicycle, pretend they're walking or jogging down the street, pretend they're climbing stairs, pretend they're skiing. So I just stay at home watching television and pretend I'm at the gym.

Well at least at the gym they could make it seem normal by playing nature scenes on the TVs. :p Snow scenes for the elliptical stuff. :p
I go out on the golf course and pretend I am in a park that keeps bums, vagrants and hippies out. Ahhhhhhhh.....:p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Well at least at the gym they could make it seem normal by playing nature scenes on the TVs. :p Snow scenes for the elliptical stuff. :p
I go out on the golf course and pretend I am in a park that keeps bums, vagrants and hippies out. Ahhhhhhhh.....:p

Sorry, I dozed off after you said Golf! :sleep:

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Just in case you don't already know, the Batmobile that was "built" by George Barris started life as a Lincoln concept car--a 1955 Futura:

1955_Lincoln_Futura_zpsec5a175c.jpg

Barris had purchased the car from Ford for $1 some time before the producers of Batman came calling. When they asked him to build them a Batmobile and gave him three weeks to do so, he thought the Futura's lines would be perfect for the job, and the rest is history.
That is one cool ride! Sort of looks like a Thunderbird on steroids. Too bad it was never produced. Too bad it never flew! :p

Feraud

Bartender

Worf

Yep, your dad was a smart guy!

Yup. His answer was always something like,... "That's classified." given with a sort of blank look. Never fooled me for a minute. :cool:

Exactly. In a post apocalypse survival situation when everyone is asked to put their lives on the line, "that's classified" does not cut it!
I was annoyed at the lazy writing that had no character question Eugene's lame excuse!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Big Bang Theory and Two And A Half Men. Men must have finally hired some good writers, it is funny again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran