Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
Likewise, I like it a lot. Craig McLachlan has come a long way since the '80's when he played Henry in Neighbours. As Dr Blake he wears a rather nice carbon grey Akubra 'Stylemaster'

It's so nice to see people dressed up and looking smart in the TV shows and movies. It's also depressing to have to go out into the real world having to face seeing pants-on-the-ground, i.e. underwear and thongs, pajamas, skinny jeans-on-not-so-skinny people, sweatpants, and other assorted articles of clothing that really should be considered arrestable fashion crimes. There are some things I've seen people wear out in public and I wish I could scrub my mind of the memory. :eeek: I remember my grandparents all dressed up when they went out, even if it was just running to the grocery store. Egads, some of the sights I've seen at the grocery store would make you run screaming into the night. I agree with Coco Chanel who said you shouldn't leave the house without fixing yourself up a little, if only out of politeness to other people.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Perfect Storm: Dark Age Volcano. I really like this series! It is amazing, how many times nature has changed history. Also watched, wait for it, The Curse of Oak Island! Just put a bunch of C4 down the hole and lets see whats down there once and for all!

I like KITT...
The car was fine until whichever season it was that they decided to jazz it up with all of that "super pursuit mode" nonsense popping out of everywhere; that was about the time I decided my intelligence (such as it is) had been insulted enough, so I stopped watching. In real life the '82 Trans Am wasn't anything special; it performed well enough, but was far from being the sports car it was advertised to be and everyone I knew who owned one said they started falling apart after the first year. I'd much rather own the 2008 Ford Shelby GT 500 KR that they used in that horrendously bad remake series from 2008.

William Daniels got some more money out of the voice role too I see...
I wonder how he feels when someone calls and says, "We'd like you to provide the KITT voice for this episode we're producing..." I imagine him being polite and professional outwardly, but secretly thinking, "I've had a very good career for 62 years, and all they want me to do is KITT??? Son of a *****!!!" lol

The car was fine until whichever season it was that they decided to jazz it up with all of that "super pursuit mode" nonsense popping out of everywhere...

Yeah, that was ridiculous. :eusa_doh:

I wonder how he feels when someone calls and says, "We'd like you to provide the KITT voice for this episode we're producing..." I imagine him being polite and professional outwardly, but secretly thinking, "I've had a very good career for 62 years, and all they want me to do is KITT??? Son of a *****!!!" lol

Last year the Hallmark company came out with a KITT ornament that has Wm. Daniel's voice. I am sure he was thrilled..... :p

[video=youtube;NptafHZBRpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NptafHZBRpM[/video]

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"American Horror Story - Coven" Currently binge watching this which has lead to some disturbing nightmares. Still I'm hooked. Tried to watch "Sideshow" but just couldn't get into it. I think they may've JTS with last one.

Worf

The car was fine until whichever season it was that they decided to jazz it up with all of that "super pursuit mode" nonsense popping out of everywhere; that was about the time I decided my intelligence (such as it is) had been insulted enough, so I stopped watching. In real life the '82 Trans Am wasn't anything special; it performed well enough, but was far from being the sports car it was advertised to be and everyone I knew who owned one said they started falling apart after the first year. I'd much rather own the 2008 Ford Shelby GT 500 KR that they used in that horrendously bad remake series from 2008.

What? You don't like missiles and flying cars? :p

I bet he just says "How much?" Not every dope in Hollywood is full of themselves and their "art." Some just like making money. He is one of those people. :p

Yeah, that was ridiculous. :eusa_doh:

Last year the Hallmark company came out with a KITT ornament that has Wm. Daniel's voice. I am sure he was thrilled..... :p

[video=youtube;NptafHZBRpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NptafHZBRpM[/video]

I need one of those ornaments! That is cool.

I bet he was thrilled. You want to give me fifty grand for ten minutes worth of work? SURE!

Let me say that voice actors make a ton of money just for talking. You have to remember that these guys make a living with their voice. You have all heard Don LaFontaine but you wouldn’t recognize him if you saw him. It is great. You can be in movies and the voice is famous but you can go into Walmart and no one mobs you. :p
http://youtu.be/7QPMvj_xejg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
American Pickers. Mike gave a guy $100 for a Bell Star II helmet. I know it is worth more then that by a long ways. I sold an original Simpson Darth Vader helmet for $350 several years ago to a guy in Japan!

...Let me say that voice actors make a ton of money just for talking. You have to remember that these guys make a living with their voice. You have all heard Don LaFontaine but you wouldn’t recognize him if you saw him. It is great. You can be in movies and the voice is famous but you can go into Walmart and no one mobs you. :p
http://youtu.be/7QPMvj_xejg
True, and he probably does appreciate the income. But he was known for acting in front of the camera for 30 years before Knight Rider came along, so it makes me wonder.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
American Pickers. Mike gave a guy $100 for a Bell Star II helmet. I know it is worth more then that by a long ways. I sold an original Simpson Darth Vader helmet for $350 several years ago to a guy in Japan!
Very little is honest or true about the History Channel shows. Most of the situations are contrived. Same goes for A&E, TLC, and most of the other reality TV shows, especially the ones involving treasure hunting and resale. It's a bummer, because a lot of these jobs and situations are inherently interesting. I stopped watching them. After you read from someone involved how fake everything is, they don't have a lot of charm. The "YEP" guy from Storage Wars really let the cat out of the bag when he left his show. And when they have snafus like Otz on Alaska Frontier shooting a bear and then field dressing a stiff as a board, rigor mortis bear that looks like all but the bones and hide are remaining (and not owning up to being a few miles from a Target and Walmart), you realize it's all one big game of manipulation. And then later that night frying up some thick, juicy bear steaks that could not have come from the rotted corpse he dressed, it's easy to walk away from their nonsense. There's more fake drama on the History Channel reality shows than on daytime soap operas.

Very little is honest or true about the History Channel shows. Most of the situations are contrived. Same goes for A&E, TLC, and most of the other reality TV shows, especially the ones involving treasure hunting and resale. It's a bummer, because a lot of these jobs and situations are inherently interesting. I stopped watching them. After you read from someone involved how fake everything is, they don't have a lot of charm. The "YEP" guy from Storage Wars really let the cat out of the bag when he left his show. And when they have snafus like Otz on Alaska Frontier shooting a bear and then field dressing a stiff as a board, rigor mortis bear that looks like all but the bones and hide are remaining (and not owning up to being a few miles from a Target and Walmart), you realize it's all one big game of manipulation. And then later that night frying up some thick, juicy bear steaks that could not have come from the rotted corpse he dressed, it's easy to walk away from their nonsense. There's more fake drama on the History Channel reality shows than on daytime soap operas.

But we know all this and treat them as entertainment not reality. There is no such thing on TV now. lol lol

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Dr Who: "Let's Kill Hitler". This is my first Who, pretty funny! I remember back in the 70s, I had a friend who was really into the Doctor, I just didn't get it. I am going to watch a few more episodes, maybe I will get hooked?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred