Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Most of the experts are honest about them because most of the items they appraise come from their own shops, not from the "customers".

Wow - it is that dishonest in presentation. Oh well, not surprising as I knew most of it was fake. Again though, I fast-foward to just learn about the items, many of which are very interesting and cool - at least the experts view of the items are legit.

Hat Dandy

One of the Regulars
Arrow. My daughters managed to get me to watch this show and I don't mind it at all. Generally, I eschew TV watching but it's a good escape.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Hitler the Junkie and In Love With Hitler. The later was about Eva Braun of course. Yes, she did know about the concentration camps!

Hitler the Junkie and In Love With Hitler. The later was about Eva Braun of course. Yes, she did know about the concentration camps!

I only saw the Eva Braun one so far (DVR'd the other) and was amazed at how much film footage there was that I hadn't seen before (as I watch a lot of History Channel, etc.). The films - especially being in color - bring Hitler, his top officers and Eva very much to life in a way that reading about them or the standard black and white film doesn't. And that makes it engaging and erie. Hitler and his officers were such forces of evil, that it is hard to see them laughing, playing with dogs and, in general, looking like normal people having a good time.

Naked Village
A documentary about Spielplatz, Hertfordshire in the UK, a nudist colony located in between London and St Albans which was founded in 1929 and where most of the residents are now 60+. On an interesting note they refer to people who wear clothes as "Textiles." :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou