Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

That's precisely why I don't watch those kind of shows anymore. There's so little substance, and too much recap and commercials.

I have this twisted attraction to this particular story, so I watch. But if they really wanted to know if there was something at the bottom of this giant hole, I could tell them in a few hours for a fraction of what they spent on the crane to lower the divers into the hole.

DecoDame

One of the Regulars
I watched Agent Carter and GREATLY enjoyed it. I was able to set aside my usual picky tendencies watching period pieces for once and just take in the stylized comic book/super spy delight that it was. I love Hayley Atwell and I love how utterly brutal and ungraceful her fight scenes are. :D It's a good vicarious outlet, I guess.

I was surprised that I liked Jarvis so well - he has a very nice caring banter with Peggy (or does he? dundundun). I was surprised at how often I laughed out loud (or rather, barked embarrassingly). I liked that it still found time for humanity and conversation amongst the action.

I know the ratings were only middling, but I hope it does well for the rest of this short run and comes back. It would become the only network show I'd be watching right now.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Just got done with Agent Carter myself. I have to say I liked it a lot. I thought it may be too "far out" for me, considering I'm not huge into the Marvel universe, and haven't watched the other Agents of Shield episodes, but I found it pleasantly enjoyable.

I have this twisted attraction to this particular story, so I watch. But if they really wanted to know if there was something at the bottom of this giant hole, I could tell them in a few hours for a fraction of what they spent on the crane to lower the divers into the hole.

Well, volunteer man! I want to see you on the show giving them the data about how the Ark is there with a ton of gold. :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Perfect Storms: Hitler's Frozen Army, The Manners of Downton Abbey and Million Dollar American Princesses: Cash for Class. Two of the women changed world history, Jennie Jerome gave us Winston Churchill and Frances Ellen Work gave Great Britain at least two future kings!

Perfect Storms: Hitler's Frozen Army, The Manners of Downton Abbey and Million Dollar American Princesses: Cash for Class. Two of the women changed world history, Jennie Jerome gave us Winston Churchill and Frances Ellen Work gave Great Britain at least two future kings!

I really enjoyed "The Manners of Downton Abbey." It provided great historical background on the social norms of the characters and it was fun to see some of the actors out of character. I missed "Million Dollar American Princess," but will look to catch it next time.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
^^^ Just watched that myself last night. I enjoyed it a lot. Interesting to find out how and why Edwardian England was as it was. The idea that the strictures of calm and reserve were a reaction to the French Revolution had me scratching though. Still the show explains alot of the odd behaviors displayed in "Parades End" and "The Age of Innocence" as well.

Worf

^^^ Just watched that myself last night. I enjoyed it a lot. Interesting to find out how and why Edwardian England was as it was. The idea that the strictures of calm and reserve were a reaction to the French Revolution had me scratching though. Still the show explains alot of the odd behaviors displayed in "Parades End" and "The Age of Innocence" as well.

Worf

I, too, puzzled a bit over that line - were they saying that the British upper class didn't want to show concern over the French Revolution so as to not encourage any revolutionary elements in England at the time? To wit, we are not at all concerned that the same thing could ever happen here, so don't even think about trying it as everything is very well buttoned up in the upper echelon's of power here in England?

Bigger picture, England was a tiny island nation running the largest Empire of its time - it structured many things to support that position. The famous line "the battle of Waterloo was won on the playing fields of at Eton" explains why England's upper classes basically sent their kids off to sleep away schools for most of their childhoods - they weren't trying to be friends to their children or give them the happiest childhood possible (values many parents hold in America today), they were trying to raise the next generation of Empire leaders.

Away from that macro-political stuff, I loved the description of how the table etiquette, such as turning with the hostess to your left or right so that everyone got some conversation, was incredibly rule driven and choreographed. And I was fascinated by the idea that Matthew's not wanting a valet was insensitive on his part - according to the values of their world - because it deprived a man of work ("we all have a part to play").

An absolutely fascinating world.

And interesting insight on the Cuomos in your other post.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Watched an episode of Nature highlighting France. Absolutely gorgeous country.

Yeah.... pretty country.... when people aren't slaughtering each other all over it. Seems folks have been fighting over "the fertile fields of France" since before the time of Christ... Hell long before there was a FRANCE!!!!

Worf

Last time was a few years ago when I was playing in an all-night charity baseball game. The local sports reporter came out to do a story and interviewed me. The best part was we pied him at the end of the interview, and they showed it on news segment later.

Good one!

Last one I had was a debate over a local issue. I nailed the poor sap the city sent. lol lol

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Agent Carter" - Not bad... not bad at all. She's smart, tough... easy on the eyes. Nice to see "Bubs" gettin' a role... albeit short lived (like his character) and a paycheck.

Worf

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
MythBusters. They tested a couple from the cartoon The Simpsons. Pretty funny, can't remember Jamie smiling this much ever! Miss the others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana