Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
The Big Bang Theory! Why do I get the feeling we are going to find out Raj's new girl friend is a mass murderer?

I don't care for her, she doesn't fit in well with the other characters. And, no, it wouldn't surprise me to find out she's a serial killer. Poor Raj, he just can't seem to win in romance.

The Big Bang Theory! Why do I get the feeling we are going to find out Raj's new girl friend is a mass murderer?
I don't care for her, she doesn't fit in well with the other characters. And, no, it wouldn't surprise me to find out she's a serial killer. Poor Raj, he just can't seem to win in romance.
Mass murderer/serial killer or not, I really can't see Emily being around much longer. All of the other couplings make sense--Amy and Sheldon are the most "out there" of the group, Bernadette is a perfect replacement for Howard's mother, Penny and Leonard...okay, they really don't have much in common, but they do have chemistry. Emily, on the other hand, doesn't have chemistry with any of the others; it's as though the writers decided it was time to give Raj a girlfriend, but don't really know what to do with her so they just made her weird in a different way from the others. I don't blame Laura Spencer (the actress who plays Emily), she's done quite well with what little they've given her to do. But you're right, Emily just doesn't fit in with the rest of the group. They may have done that intentionally to have it become an issue later in the series, but for now it's just a waste of time.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
How do you know if they have chemistry or not? She's barely had any screen time with Raj, let alone with everyone else. It took a while for Bernadette and Penny to find their footing. I think this talk is premature. She's a doctor. She's eccentric. She's a prankster (that serial killer stuff is her screwing with Raj and nothing more). It's all about the writing now, and they've hardly written anything for her. Let's face it, a happy Raj, and them constantly making jokes about his feminized domestication, would probably get old pretty quickly. A frustrated Raj has a lot more room to wiggle.

How do you know if they have chemistry or not? She's barely had any screen time with Raj, let alone with everyone else. It took a while for Bernadette and Penny to find their footing. I think this talk is premature. She's a doctor. She's eccentric. She's a prankster (that serial killer stuff is her screwing with Raj and nothing more). It's all about the writing now, and they've hardly written anything for her. Let's face it, a happy Raj, and them constantly making jokes about his feminized domestication, would probably get old pretty quickly. A frustrated Raj has a lot more room to wiggle.
I now realize my mistake. When I mentioned chemistry, I was referring to the actors even though I used the characters' names. Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (Penny) had chemistry with Johnny Galecki (Leonard) and Jim Parsons (Sheldon) from the start, even though the relationship between the characters was somewhat awkward. And when they introduced Melissa Rauch (Bernadette) and Mayim Bialik (Amy), again they fit right in with the rest of the cast even though their respective characters were socially awkward. But I don't get that feeling from Laura Spencer (Emily), and her admittedly few encounters with the other cast members have so far just felt uncomfortable...to me, anyway. Again, this might be intentional depending on what plans the writers have for her character; time will tell. And I don't dislike Spencer or Emily--I think there's potential for the character once the writers figure out what to do with her, and this actress seems to be capable of handling whatever they throw at her. I just wish they'd get on with it one way or the other, because she still feels like an outsider at this point and this is the first time I can recall that happening on this show.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I now realize my mistake. When I mentioned chemistry, I was referring to the actors even though I used the characters' names. Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (Penny) had chemistry with Johnny Galecki (Leonard) and Jim Parsons (Sheldon) from the start, even though the relationship between the characters was somewhat awkward. And when they introduced Melissa Rauch (Bernadette) and Mayim Bialik (Amy), again they fit right in with the rest of the cast even though their respective characters were socially awkward. But I don't get that feeling from Laura Spencer (Emily), and her admittedly few encounters with the other cast members have so far just felt uncomfortable...to me, anyway. Again, this might be intentional depending on what plans the writers have for her character; time will tell. And I don't dislike Spencer or Emily--I think there's potential for the character once the writers figure out what to do with her, and this actress seems to be capable of handling whatever they throw at her. I just wish they'd get on with it one way or the other, because she still feels like an outsider at this point and this is the first time I can recall that happening on this show.

I just realized, the only character that doesn't fit in to the group is Penny! She is attractive, self confident, cool, athletic, macho, and not well educated! I know that was the original premise, but come on!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
My Classic Car. Dennis went to Jay Leno's Garage again. Jay has a bigger staff now. Fun to see his toys, and the 3d printer is cool. This is the most revolutionary development in classic vehicles in my life time!

I just realized, the only character that doesn't fit in to the group is Penny! She is attractive, self confident, cool, athletic, macho, and not well educated! I know that was the original premise, but come on!
True, but she acclimated nicely. Gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble, we accept her, we accept her, one of us, one of us. :D

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Today I watched “To Kill A Mockingbird” on TCM. I love that channel. But my current favorite tv show is Granite Flats set during the beginnings of the Cold War and its on BYU channel. Wonderfully cast. Well written and nostalgic.

th

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Amazing! The same night too. :p

Ok, it is official---Sasha is nuts and Carol is one sneaky broad. lol lol

Sasha's NOT nuts. That community is straight from the "Fall of the Roman Empire"! The Barbarians and worse, are at the frickin' gates... people are being eaten alive and they're carrying on like the iceberg's never been struck!!!! Are you kiddin' me, I thought her response was, while emotional, tempered. Carol on the other hand is the sanest and craftiest of the bunch. When it all goes south... and it will or we wouldn't really have a show, Carol and Dale are the LAST ones I'm worried about. Now if anyone "belongs there" it's Elvis and the Preacher... totally worthless and useless... let em stay.. let em become steaks I don't care.

Worf

Sasha's NOT nuts. That community is straight from the "Fall of the Roman Empire"! The Barbarians and worse, are at the frickin' gates... people are being eaten alive and they're carrying on like the iceberg's never been struck!!!! Are you kiddin' me, I thought her response was, while emotional, tempered. Carol on the other hand is the sanest and craftiest of the bunch. When it all goes south... and it will or we wouldn't really have a show, Carol and Dale are the LAST ones I'm worried about. Now if anyone "belongs there" it's Elvis and the Preacher... totally worthless and useless... let em stay.. let em become steaks I don't care.

Worf

I think she at least has PSD. :p What happened with her? I didn't get that whole thing with Diana. Did they kick her out with a box of bullets or is she on guard permanently? :p
Oh you are right about Carol. I just get a kick out of her being so demur and not knowing how to shoot and only interested in cooking. :rofl: I dunno about Daryl. He seems to be fitting in with the two outcast dudes too well. At least Carol and Rick took a gun. Then again, Rick is making me doubt his sanity as well with that blonde broad thing. lol lol Grabbing for the gun when he saw her and the husband on the street....
At least Elvis and the preacher are exactly the same as they were from the beginning. :p

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Carol is crafty because she had to navigate an asshole for a husband for her adult life. She was at war and surviving long before the zombies came. By good luck, that honed craft is proving to be a great exercise for the here and now. She's lucky in that regard. Abuse normally crushes people, where as it once crushed her and now has built her into a force. I suspect in a more normal world, with her husband still gone, she'd be struggling a lot more than she is now. The zombies both liberated her and advanced her.

Carol is crafty because she had to navigate an asshole for a husband for her adult life. She was at war and surviving long before the zombies came. By good luck, that honed craft is proving to be a great exercise for the here and now. She's lucky in that regard. Abuse normally crushes people, where as it once crushed her and now has built her into a force. I suspect in a more normal world, with her husband still gone, she'd be struggling a lot more than she is now. The zombies both liberated her and advanced her.

Those are all good points. I particularly like her observation that she can now "be invisible again." Invisibility for her is dangerous for her enemies. Want some cookies little boy? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou