Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Those are all good points. I particularly like her observation that she can now "be invisible again." Invisibility for her is dangerous for her enemies. Want some cookies little boy?
She can be many things, and anyone who has seen or experienced abuse, you know how the abused learn to be chameleons. It's a chess game with the abuser that is never won, but those same skills do work with other people and other dynamics. She's used to playing whatever role is necessary in a situation. Many faces. The others struggle with becoming new people and changing because they were always free to be themselves. The metamorphosis into what they are now hasn't be nearly as difficult for Carol. She had less of a self to be twisted into a new form. She's better built for this world than she was for the world she knew before it. She would have been maladjusted to the old world, post-abusive husband. She's probably the best adjusted of all of them for this world. As I said, she was already mostly there. She had a head start.

Feraud

Bartender
Amazing! The same night too. :p

Ok, it is official---Sasha is nuts and Carol is one sneaky broad. lol lol

Sasha can be zombie lunch as far as I am concerned. They wrote her current character (the best shot in the group and the PTSD thing) way too quickly for my taste.
Let's not forget she got knocked out by a guy (the hospital cop) who was tied up! She's lucky to be alive. I'm not buying her Rambo storyline.

Now Carol on the other hand..what a run she's had! Carol went from abused wife to strong woman to..... a child's nightmare! lol
I always liked Carol's character (Melissa McBride is fantastic in the role) and curious to see where the writers take her.

After last week it looks like Rick is the new Shane!

Sasha can be zombie lunch as far as I am concerned. They wrote her current character (the best shot in the group and the PTSD thing) way too quickly for my taste.
Let's not forget she got knocked out by a guy (the hospital cop) who was tied up! She's lucky to be alive. I'm not buying her Rambo storyline.

Now Carol on the other hand..what a run she's had! Carol went from abused wife to strong woman to..... a child's nightmare! lol
I always liked Carol's character (Melissa McBride is fantastic in the role) and curious to see where the writers take her.

After last week it looks like Rick is the new Shane!

And I want to see her get eaten so I know she is dead. :p Her uselessness with the cop was the last straw for me. :doh:
A child's nihtmare! :rofl:
Yes Rick is looking Shane like. All he has to do is shave his head and throw Sasha to the zombies. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Inspector George Gently, season 1 episode 3.
Another British Detective series, but set in the 60's with great writing.
Really a good series so far.
As good as Endeavour (the prequel to Inspector Morse)? Maybe not but it's very close.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Good Witch. What is it about certain shows, Down Town Abby, The Big Bang Theory, and now this stupid show, that have such a diverse audience that you would never pick out in a police lineup, if asked to match the person to the one of these shows?

Watched the "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" episode where Gloria Swanson plays the wealthy mother of a daughter she thinks is marrying a man who is only interested in her money. It's a better than average episode, but what really stood out is what a professional actress Swanson is.

She simply is her character, while the other actors are reading dialogue to some degree. I've noticed this before when true actors appear on TV shows; you notice that they practice their craft at a higher level. Not that the other actors were bad, but Swanson was that much better and, like most of the best, you forget that you are watching her and she just becomes the character.

As a side note (and as discussed occasionally in the General Attire...thread), the male lead in this episode was in full on Ivy dress: sack suit or 3/2 button sport coat, Oxford cloth button down shirts with good collar rolls, rep ties, a macintosh and chinos.

The Good Witch. What is it about certain shows, Down Town Abby, The Big Bang Theory, and now this stupid show, that have such a diverse audience that you would never pick out in a police lineup, if asked to match the person to the one of these shows?

I would match several men to that show considering the main attraction.
catherine-bell-056-04.jpg

DNO

One Too Many
Tried watching the pilot episode of Dig. Didn't last long...it was a bit like watching paint dry. I ended up tuning in an old episode of Burn Notice instead. Wasn't that much of an improvement. Gave up...reading a book instead.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Ed Sullivan Show...

you see they have this show in cableTV ...the Bio channel.... sometimes is black and white...sometimes is in color....

the Mamas and The Papas....

I watched a bit of that

does that count? ;)

Counting Cars. No idea why!

When the show first started it was okay as they focused on older cars and the actually physical restorations - what needed to be done, how to do, what challenges came up. Now, though, the show has lost that small amount of substance as it is more about Danny's personality, fake drama and showing you the "wow" moment when the car is done (which, more and more frequently, are 1970s cars being customized versus older cars having original restorations).

Hence, why is this show even on the History channel as its small connect to history is fading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou