What was the last TV show you watched?

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Lady Day, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Across the head. :p

2. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

Queen Victoria and the Crippled Kaiser. Very fascinating look at Kaiser Villie, and his English Mother and Grandmother! He almost was doomed from birth into leading his country into WWI! If you think you had a bad child hood, just look at the Royals, down right sadistic torture!

3. cw3pa

cw3pa A-List Customer

"The Prisoner" (1967) Episode 1-Arrival. Sequel to "Danger Man". Be seeing you.

4. Steve27752

Steve27752 One of the Regulars

The superb, Foyle's War.

5. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

Excellent program.

Last episode of Ashes To Ashes.

6. Bellator MMA

7. 1mach1

1mach1

Simon and Simon Season 3 Episodes 4, 5, 6. I love this show. Brings back memories of me and my Dad, watching the show with Dr. Pepper. We never told Mom. Good times. :p

[video=youtube;IDhz_mVcVCQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDhz_mVcVCQ[/video]

8. You had the same experience I had way back when. :p Dad and I would watch it every week. :p

9. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

Fall of Japan: In Color. An excellent documentary! William Courtenay was sent to America to try and get us involved, but events over took him, Pearl Harbor. Instead of going back to the UK, he went with McArther, Island Hopping. He brought a 16mm camera and Kodachrome. From the land, sea and air, he was there, unprecedented access! He even shot color footage of McArther returning to the Philippines, and probably the first color footage of Emperor Hirohito. He took the first color footage of Hiroshima and Nagasaki after the bombings. A must see for any one interested in the Pacific war. [video=youtube;PO_6BUu6-Fc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO_6BUu6-Fc[/video]

10. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Vikings, last night. Not much else this week. Possibly, Better Call Saul, tonight.
    :D

11. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

This Old House.

12. Two and a Half Men

[video=youtube;eXWrj7-4MBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXWrj7-4MBo[/video]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  13. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

I was disappointed that they killed of the Priest as he was the most developed and most interesting of all the characters on the show.

14. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton One Too Many

They did a 2nd, "new' episode after the regularly scheduled episode. It was from Athelstan's perspective and an overview of his experience. I think it was titled Athelstan's Journal. On one hand, I don't know what the point of it was, but on the other, I wish they would put that much effort into the story every week. Why make a second episode? Put those resources into your shoddy storytelling so it is less shoddy. A bizarre series.

15. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

Secrets and Lies - I thought it'd be one of those silly little modern TV dramas, but it's actually pretty interesting! Interesting characters, a good plot. I think I'll keep watching this one.

16. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

I saw it and agree with both of your points: well done and thoughtful exposition of Athelstan's thoughts and emotions throughout and they should be as thoughtful with their regular episodes' consistency and development. Many time I feel as if some event or plot occurance is just beamed in magically from outer space.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  17. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

We too were bothered at the House of ToE. It did not make sense, but then that is how life works. The episode concerning his journel, although interesting, did not make sense. It was odd in that it felt as if it was there just for the sake of being. It was as if they had some extra material sitting around with which they needed to do something.

18. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Better Call Saul and a few older episodes of The Walking Dead marathon on AMC.

19. Killing Jesus
    Nat'l Geo channel

HD

20. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton One Too Many

These make reading interviews with the writer laughable. It's his job, so he has to act like its all serious, but the audience knows how sloppy it all is. Simply, he doesn't put the story to work for the outcomes he talks about having. You don't walk into a Lamborghini dealership and slap down $200, a pack of gum, a lint ball from the left rear pocket, and a Bic pen and think you're going to walk out with a car. But that is how Michael Hirst writes these stories. There's no honest cause/effect, and he doesn't put in the proper work to arrive at the destinations. It's like we can somehow be sitting on the moon after a 10-minute canoe ride.

As much as I enjoy the big ceremonies, like the Spring Equinox and blood being poured over Lagertha, I'm left wishing the show earned that kind of spectacle. It didn't work for it. It's child's play. Adults aren't behind this show. Let's get from one place to another in an honest fashion. It lacks integrity.