Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

I decided to catch up on The Last Man On Earth, thinking it might be getting better. It's not. It gets worse with every episode. It's kind of like Lost, but without the interesting characters, great writing, and intriguing storyline. It's just one long groan about a schmuck who can't seem to score with a hot chick.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Crime Story
Torello nearly blows Luca's head off after he gets out of the shopping mall trap they laid for him. Paully is as crazy as ever. Luca has his eyes on using Vegas as a headquarters for his illegal booking making activities.
Really good show that ended too soon.
Mann was busy with Miami Vice, but running those shows at the same time seemed to cause both to suffer eventually. :eusa_doh:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Stuck in a hotel in Pittsburgh... wound up wathing some sort of Nat Geo show on kids in lock-up. Pretty grim, some of these kids are clearly mentally ill or L.D. but that's the Criminal Industrial Complex for you. They don't lock em up they can't get paid.

Worf

"Alfred Hitchcock Presents" an episode with Gig Young and (an insanely young) Robert Redford - always fun to see old movie stars or aborning stars in these shows.

"Call the Midwife" while the plots have become cycle-rinse-repeat, the scenery, period sets, cars (love the mid-50s / early 60s British normal-people cars) and clothes make it worth watching, along with the occasional good dialogue exchange or character twist.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Season finale of The Americans. A surprisingly quiet and understated ending (not that there wasn't plenty of drama) for a tremendous season.
It was good, and more importantly, it was earned. They developed the story and characters to get there. I prefer endings like that. Nothing cheap or tawdry. They even dealt with the final meeting with a dying mother in a smart way. (Unlike Vikings, which needed an actual Trojan Horse to move along the lazy and greatly unwritten or underwritten relationships. Why have the characters interact throughout a season when they can talk to a box in three minutes of screen time?)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Starting The Winds of War, Episode 1. I remember my parents watching this when I was a kid. At that time, I was more interested in the Civil War than WW2, so I guess it's about time I watch it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany