Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Feraud

Bartender
Glad to see The Walking Dead is back. They need to finally ditch samurai girl.

Agreed about Top Gear. The American version is awful. I'll only watch Jeremy and company.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Glad to see The Walking Dead is back. They need to finally ditch samurai girl.

Agreed about Top Gear. The American version is awful. I'll only watch Jeremy and company.

That's funny M'Shonne or "Samurai Girl" as you call her was/is one of the Strongest characters in the graphic novels. I personally feel she's underused here in the series. Also what "The Governor" did to her in the book and she to him is un-showable on network television. Not even HBO would tackle it.

Worf

Feraud

Bartender
That's funny M'Shonne or "Samurai Girl" as you call her was/is one of the Strongest characters in the graphic novels. I personally feel she's underused here in the series. Also what "The Governor" did to her in the book and she to him is un-showable on network television. Not even HBO would tackle it.

Worf
Yes I've heard there are story lines in the graphic novel no production company would touch.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
The Graham Norton Show on BBC Canada. Great show, always funny, though tonight's musical guest was Noel Gallagher. Sounds just like Oasis. Martin Freeman, Gerard Butler and the red headed companion for Dr. Who recently were the guests.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I finally finished watching "Deadwood" the other day. Despite what I'd been told, the series ends, and I can't see what another series or a couple of movies would have been able to add. Whether the ending is satisfactory or not is a matter of personal taste. Personally, I thought the ending was disappointing because it was rushed and pretty much threw out all the character development of the previous seasons, and ignored the gradually increasing tension of the previous episodes in the last season. It would have been better to have taken the story to a climax (which is where it appeared to be headed up to and including the second-last episode), and then left the last episode open-ended for viewers to speculate.

rjb1

Practically Family
Captain Z-Ro is now being shown on the local retro-TV channel. A great show, in my opinion, especially since it tries to teach some history in a way that would interest kids (at least 1950's kids). As a 1950's kid I would have liked the show a lot, but as far as I know it wasn't shown where I lived.

Captain Z-Ro is now being shown on the local retro-TV channel. A great show, in my opinion, especially since it tries to teach some history in a way that would interest kids (at least 1950's kids). As a 1950's kid I would have liked the show a lot, but as far as I know it wasn't shown where I lived.

It originally started around here but it was syndicated and shown nation wide from 1955-56. I have twelve episodes and my four and six year old love it. In fact, tonight we watched three or four episodes. :p The Marco Polo episode, the robot episode, the Daniel Boone episode, and the Blackbeard episode.
[video=youtube_share;39TNcZpXEwc]http://youtu.be/39TNcZpXEwc[/video]

rjb1

Practically Family
I agree with your four- and six-year-old's concerning Captain Z-Ro. Do you have the "Molly Pitcher" episode? Of the ones I have seen, that was my favorite.
I was in Detroit in 1955-56 so I am a bit surprised we didn't have it.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Reruns of Duck Dynasty. I caught 4 minutes of some Joan Rivers and round table of "fashion experts" - I couldn't tell you what that train wreck was called. Joanie babe says "I haven't seen that much kleenex since I dumped the trash can of Justin Beiber's bus" and I proclaimed to my wife - "Ah, finally a job she's actually suited for." There's a lot of Carp on TV nowadays.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Haveguncard_zps773cebc1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot