Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Sinking The Lusitania: An American Tragedy. Even I was offended by that title! I know the American passengers died in a higher percentage, but still. They also perpetuated the myth that we entered the war soon after the sinking. It was just one month short of two years later that we declared war on Germany!

I just read "Lusitania: Triumph, Tragedy and the End of the Edwardian Age" by Greg King and Penny Wilson - it gave a much more thoughtful analysis of the Lusitania's impact on America's entry (just one part - and not the actuating one - in a long chain of events that eventually lead to America's entry). It also did a good job of explaining the prevailing political view at the time of Lusitania's sinking and the series of colossal blunders the Captain made that, basically, made the ship an easy target.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The Munsters
Time well spent.
We have our favorite episodes, and of course being a car guy I love the one where Herman gets the Munster Mobile.
Four others would be:
Movie Star Munster
Country Club Munsters
If A Martian Answers, Hang Up!
Rock A Bye Munster-Paul Lynde as always is just a riot, especially in this episode. Without his glasses, he mistakes grandpa for a tall penquin, and when Herman shakes hands with him Lynde replies "oh yes now I remember you, you brought your doggy last time, friendly little fellow giving me his paw." :pound:

Might as well pull up Netflix, now I have to watch Rock A Bye Munster again.

Time well spent.
We have our favorite episodes, and of course being a car guy I love the one where Herman gets the Munster Mobile.
Four others would be:
Movie Star Munster
Country Club Munsters
Rock A Bye Munster-Paul Lynde as always is just a riot, especially in this episode. Without his glasses, he mistakes grandpa for a tall penquin, and when Herman shakes hands with him Lynde replies "oh yes now I remember you, you brought your doggy last time, friendly little fellow giving me his paw." [emoji14]ound:

All great episodes, Gregg!! It is one of my favorite TV shows. I grew up watching it (reruns at the time). Another great one is Herman's Driving Test. lol

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
All great episodes, Gregg!! It is one of my favorite TV shows. I grew up watching it (reruns at the time). Another great one is Herman's Driving Test. lol
I like that one too.
The driving instructor for the second half is a riot!
He'd been in quite a few old movies, so it was nice to allow him to continue his good comedic timing, even if it was just a 30 minute show.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Time well spent.
Four others would be:
Movie Star Munster
Country Club Munsters
Rock A Bye Munster-Paul Lynde as always is just a riot, especially in this episode. Without his glasses, he mistakes grandpa for a tall penquin, and when Herman shakes hands with him Lynde replies "oh yes now I remember you, you brought your doggy last time, friendly little fellow giving me his paw." :pound:

I always liked how the family referred to Marilyn's looks, as plain and her handicap!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I just read "Lusitania: Triumph, Tragedy and the End of the Edwardian Age" by Greg King and Penny Wilson - it gave a much more thoughtful analysis of the Lusitania's impact on America's entry (just one part - and not the actuating one - in a long chain of events that eventually lead to America's entry). It also did a good job of explaining the prevailing political view at the time of Lusitania's sinking and the series of colossal blunders the Captain made that, basically, made the ship an easy target.

Sounds like an excellent book!

Edward

Bartender
Finally finished Breaking Bad last weekend. Astounding stuff. (I wodner how much Bob Dylan turned down for them to use "It's all over now, Baby Blue" at the very end? Surely that had to be their first choice? ;) ). Astounding television. We're probably gonig to do another box set next - most likely Band of Brothers, as I've yet to see it and we can probably find it cheap. Only TV I've watched since then has been election coverage, including the big, depressing all-nighter. Would never miss a general, though, no matter the outcome.

My "GoT" theory, that Jon Snow's Robert Barratheon's basterd's not Ned Starks, just got more plausible with the Red Woman's attempted seduction of Jon at Castle Black. She needed Kingly baby batter to produce another "smoke baby" (probably to pay Roose Bolton a visit in his sleep) but Jon wasn't havin' none of that. She stormed off but not before saying:

"You know nothing Jon Snow..."

Nothing of this true heritage she means. Also Lord "Pinky" Balish gives us the rest of his backstory later on. After Reygar Targaryeon kidnapped and raped Ned's sister, Robert Barratheon's intended... I believe old Robbie boy did the same to Reygar's wife. Jon Snow was the off-spring. Reygar's wife, a Martell, begged Ned or Ned through Robert not to have their offspring live an unwanted life ergo old trusty Ned took the kid in. As I said I've not read ANY of the books but this is just my theory.

Worf

I made the decision early on to leave the books until the TV show is done. My pet theory is that we'll see Dragon Lady on the throne in the end, possibly with Jon Snow (I have the same suspicion about his true parentage), and with Varis and the dwarf running things from behind the scenes. TBH, I rather like the idea of none of them having control of the kingdoms in the end, instead it boiling over into some form of anarchy with the people living free (vaguely a nod to the end of the Arthurian cycle, but not so downbeat!), but I don't think that's likely. Apparently Martin has said that it's all based loosely on the War of the Roses, and that points to the planned ending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot