Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would it be, if you could own just one thing?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Sitting reading so many posts and thinking of all the nice stuff we all seem to find and treasure, if you could own anything you wanted, price having no setback about it, what would you want to own?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Probably a decent cast iron frying pan (maybe a dutch oven for versatility.) The rest I would have to forage for, but I think I could manage.

Last edited:

Gene

Practically Family
As long as I had a guitar with an infinite supply of strings I'd be okay. That way if you ever needed money you could always just play on the street.

rue

Sitting reading so many posts and thinking of all the nice stuff we all seem to find and treasure, if you could own anything you wanted, price having no setback about it, what would you want to own?

Gosh that's hard to answer....

When I moved out here, I only had a 6x12 trailer to move what I "needed" until the army would move everything else, so I took everything in my kitchen, pictures of my family and my most prized possession... my grandmother's china hutch. So that's what it would be if I had to choose from my things in desperation. I miss my other stuff though lol

As far as choosing only one thing that I already have..... I guess I'd have to have my family pictures. You can't replace those.

Choosing something that I want that I don't have.... a fridge like Lizzie's :D

Last edited:
[video=youtube;5aluY0eLGk8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aluY0eLGk8[/video]

But seriously, this is what I'd really like to have...
they're $6,500 on eBay :(

Snoopy.jpg

Kishtu

Practically Family
An Elizabethan manor house with its own orchard.

Trerice manor near Newquay fits the bill exactly, but they ain't giving it away any time soon :(

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
A gas 4-oven AGA cooker.

If it comes with Joanne Massey's kitchen, that's even better (I like the vintage range, but the English ones are way too small.)

timewarp-wives1.jpg

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
A gas 4-oven AGA cooker.

If it comes with Joanne Massey's kitchen, that's even better (I like the vintage range, but the English ones are way too small.)

timewarp-wives1.jpg

Would you look at this! Making me breakfast in such a cheerful way! Aww, thank you!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
An Elizabethan manor house with its own orchard.

Trerice manor near Newquay fits the bill exactly, but they ain't giving it away any time soon :(
Well it is a good desire, I know maybe you can grab a winning ticket from one of the lotto's?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I've always wanted a wall safe; the kind you see in movies with the picture hanging in front of it.

Hey, I'm easy to please!

Wall safes are nice, and a classic touch if hidden by a framed picture, say a nice copy of some famous King out on a hunting with dogs and guns?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Probably a decent cast iron frying pan (maybe a dutch oven for versatility.) The rest I would have to forage for, but I think I could manage.
I hope someone in your family is reading this, it seems it should be something a loved one could make sure you get for Christmas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo