Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Worked out early this morning and met my girlfriend afterward for an errand that landed us near one of my favorite diners. As I had to get back to start work, I ran in, bought some pastries to go and went home. I just finished an eclair and a cannoli, which will count as breakfast today - and a quite tasty one at that.

Early score: Nutrition 0 / Fading Fast's Enjoyment 1

Last edited:
While I'm not what anyone would call a big eater, a banana and coffee just wouldn't do anything for me if I'm hungry. My girlfriend, on the other hand, can have strawberries and an ice-tea and call it a snack or breakfast and be satisfied. I've tried doing that and - I kid you not - I'm hungry in ten or fifteen minutes of being done.

"Judge," I'm jealous, that sounds great. First, jalapeño and cheddar pencils sound tasty - so a bagel would be great - and hummus is something it took me a bit to enjoy, but now I'm a fan.
Thanks.

This particular deli makes a pretty mean bagel, the jalapeños are mixed into the dough, then a thick slice of cheddar is laid on top and baked on, making a nice crust. The hummus was miles away from the fresh made kind that all the middle eastern joints round here serve, but it was still a nice (and probably healthier) alternative to the cream cheese.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It seems to be bagel breakfast day at Fedora Lounge.

Growing up in NJ, bagels were, basically, a Jewish ethnic food that I didn't know or think a lot about. Then, I moved to NYC as a young adult and discovered they were mainstream in the city. Many very WASPY Wall Streeters (I'm a mutt) start their day with a butter bagel or a bagel with cream cheese. It was (and is) so main stream that many italian delis, food carts, cafeterias other day-to-day establishments sell them.

And now, having lived in NYC for so many years, I've becomes a bit of a bagel snob. Before NYC, I thought bagels were Jewish rolls in a round shape with a hole in the middle - think Lenders frozen bagel. But now, I know that they are actually made differently - first boiled, then baked which, if done right, gives them their crunchy outside / chewy inside texture.

It seems from the above posts, the the bagel has gone mainstream country-wide. That's good news as it's an awesome variation-on-a-theme bread.

While I'm not what anyone would call a big eater, a banana and coffee just wouldn't do anything for me if I'm hungry. My girlfriend, on the other hand, can have strawberries and an ice-tea and call it a snack or breakfast and be satisfied. I've tried doing that and - I kid you not - I'm hungry in ten or fifteen minutes of being done.
I've gone out to dinner with my wife and friends, and had to stop on the way home to get something else to eat. :D

@Zombie_61

I have eggs to consume, so today again a triple-fried egg, before oatmeal. :D And the 10 pieces egg-package (bought, because of the crumbcake) is consumpted.

I don't like to buy much foods and then, in the end, a third or even a half of it have to be junked, because rotten (typical Germany).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ