Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Homemade pancakes with strawberry jam, fried eggs, cheese grits, apple slices,and cheddar cheese, coffee, and orange/cranberry/raspberry juice

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
There is nothing wrong with that. Hobbits tend to be a pretty happy sort.
I tend to bump my head more than is acceptable. But that could be clumsiness or brain damage from repeated bumpage more than height.
:D

Lily inherited my petite DNA. Her same-age bestie is 6" taller than she is. I remind her that their feet both touch the ground, and that she is the perfect Lily size. Hubby calls me Fun Size. ;)

But really, the way she eats, I think that Lily might be part Hobbit.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks Pike's roast, and the Chicago Tribune sports section. The Irish have kicked off a starting safety, four other players face possible suspension,
and a reserve cornerback may be charged in a separate incident with resisting arrest and battery to a police officer.:(
Notre Dame starts the season Sept 4 against Texas.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
As we are not able to be in Texas for Hubby's grandma's funeral today, we decided to celebrate her all day today. She was a wonderful cook, and I am fortunate to have her hand-written recipes. I'm going to call this breakfast "The Grandma Special", as she used to make it all the time for Hubby when he was younger. Two homemade biscuits (her recipe), scrambled eggs, and two Jimmy Dean sausage patties (not burned, photographed dark).

20160823_090428-1_zpsuclbivn7.jpg

Babydoll, that is a great thing to do. While I know how sad all of you must feel, I love the idea of celebrating the life versus, what my family did when I was a kid, heavily mourning the death.

Everyone is already sad and will feel the loss in their own way, so I like doing something positive to remember the person as it can help lift everyone's spirits a bit. Also, it seems, IMHO, a better tribute to someone who has passed on to remember the fun, positive things about their life and personality in a spirit of celebration versus a somber memorial. Again, though, just my opinion.

I had only experienced the sad, heavy approach toward death as practiced in my family until, as a young adult, I went to a friend's grandmother's wake. They were a mainly Irish family and the vibe in the house was upbeat and joyful where people were telling their favorite stories about her, poking fun at her foibles in a good natured way and, overall, just celebrating her life.

That was an aha moment for me when I began to realize that "rules" and "facts" in my house where actually just styles, customs and opinions.

And that's one mighty fine looking breakfast - hopefully, she was looking down and smiling when you made it.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Babydoll, that is a great thing to do. While I know how sad all of you must feel, I love the idea of celebrating the life versus, what my family did when I was a kid, heavily mourning the death.

Everyone is already sad and will feel the loss in their own way, so I like doing something positive to remember the person as it can help lift everyone's spirits a bit. Also, it seems, IMHO, a better tribute to someone who has passed on to remember the fun, positive things about their life and personality in a spirit of celebration versus a somber memorial. Again, though, just my opinion.

I had only experienced the sad, heavy approach toward death as practiced in my family until, as a young adult, I went to a friend's grandmother's wake. They were a mainly Irish family and the vibe in the house was upbeat and joyful where people were telling their favorite stories about her, poking fun at her foibles in a good natured way and, overall, just celebrating her life.

That was an aha moment for me when I began to realize that "rules" and "facts" in my house where actually just styles, customs and opinions.

And that's one mighty fine looking breakfast - hopefully, she was looking down and smiling when you made it.

I personally hate funerals (and absolutely will NOT go to a viewing), so a celebration seems natural to me. We were lucky to have her for 92 years. Why mourn that fact? Her body was worn out & in constant, uncontrollable pain. She missed her husband of 60 years. She was ready. I think we should be happy for her to finally be at peace. And really, food was the way she showed her family her love. I spent hours on the phone with her talking me through the recipes. Making them for Hubby passes on the gift of her love and good memories to him. The biscuits turned out exceptionally well today. So light and fluffy! I know it was Grandma's touch.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I personally hate funerals (and absolutely will NOT go to a viewing), so a celebration seems natural to me. We were lucky to have her for 92 years. Why mourn that fact? Her body was worn out & in constant, uncontrollable pain. She missed her husband of 60 years. She was ready. I think we should be happy for her to finally be at peace. And really, food was the way she showed her family her love. I spent hours on the phone with her talking me through the recipes. Making them for Hubby passes on the gift of her love and good memories to him. The biscuits turned out exceptionally well today. So light and fluffy! I know it was Grandma's touch.

Earlier this morning.
I enjoyed making homemade flour tortillas from scratch like my mother used to do.
After several attempts with them coming out hard as rocks, I finally found the
way to make them soft & delicious .

I hate funerals. But I did go to my mother’s.
Not saying this to critique. Just sharing that I also feel
the same like you.

Home-made biscuits & Jimmy Dean sausages sounds delicious. :p

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Earlier this morning.
I enjoyed making homemade flour tortillas from scratch like my mother used to do.
After several attempts with them coming out hard as rocks, I finally found the
way to make them soft & delicious .

I hate funerals. But I did go to my mother’s.
Not saying this to critique. Just sharing that I also feel
the same like you.

Home-made biscuits & Jimmy Dean sausages sounds delicious. :p
If we'd been able to afford the last-minute airfare, we would have attended. But McMahan, TX is a loooong way from home....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy