Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Any thoughts on this strategy:

The Team With the Three-Man Rotation
The Tampa Bay Rays have embarked on an experiment that is raising eyebrows across baseball: relying exclusively on relievers during a couple of games each week

Stretching the bullpen, doubtful but under certain circumstances....
Cubs have a solid pen but rain outs and forced double headers,
and guys having off days may see Joe having a brainchild; like when he pulled Hendricks in the seventh inning of the last game of the Series.o_O

Stretching the bullpen, doubtful but under certain circumstances....
Cubs have a solid pen but rain outs and forced double headers,
and guys having off days may see Joe having a brainchild; like when he pulled Hendricks in the seventh inning of the last game of the Series.o_O

My first thought was "crazy," but then thinking about how many times starters are pulled early even when pitching okay - followed by two or three relievers - I thought, maybe it's just an extension of what is going on anyway.

Hormel's corned beef hash...
I'll have to try to remember to try that. If you can find a restaurant that even offers corned beef hash around here, it's pretty obvious that it's from a can anyway and that it apparently gets ordered so infrequently that the short order cooks don't know to leave it on the grill long enough for it to get properly browned. :(

Last edited:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Corned beef hash or Spam with scrambled are unbeatable. Leftover tomato sauce slathered baked mostaccioli and meatloaf, bacon, corned beef whatever.
Adjust, adapt, and make the terrain work to your advantage.:)

I'll have to try to remember to try that. If you can find a restaurant that even offers corned beef hash around here, it's pretty obvious that it's from a can anyway and that it apparently gets ordered so infrequently that that short order cooks don't know to leave it on the grill long enough for it to get properly browned. :(
You are 100% correct. Sadly

Corned beef hash or Spam with scrambled are unbeatable. Leftover tomato sauce slathered baked mostaccioli and meatloaf, bacon, corned beef whatever.
Adjust, adapt, and make the terrain work to your advantage.:)
Spam is far too salty for my tastes, but everything else is fair game as far as I'm concerned. The only problem I see is that if you like the combination of corned beef hash, baked mostaccioli, meatloaf, and bacon, and don't happen to have one or more of them on-hand, you have to work harder to make them just so you can mix them in with the rest. I hate to cook, so the very idea has me ready to run out and get a pizza. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto