Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

First breakfast:

cc65fbcc86ef05e3641dc8da78281206.jpg

Second breakfast:

5ee013f5459d6c3b2cb3d4e2fe7987aa.jpg

First breakfast:

cc65fbcc86ef05e3641dc8da78281206.jpg

Second breakfast:

5ee013f5459d6c3b2cb3d4e2fe7987aa.jpg

That is fantastic. Those eggs look perfect as does the bacon. I'd just carefully slide the asparagus out from under the eggs (without breaking the yokes) and toss those spears in the garbage (asparagus, along with Brussel sprouts, are inedible to me, but to each his own). Then, after polishing the eggs, bacon and toast off, I'd have had at least a taste of all four of the "second" breakfast offering - recognizing that, in my world, the dessert sampler plate is all but proof that God exists.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks, Chicago Sun Times; New York Times.
Cubs starting rotation hasn't given up an earned run in 32innings and some change thereabouts. Darvish seems focused.
Morrow, Farrell tight closing.:D
Too early in the dawn for any real reading; although the NYT featured a Mueller investigation piece regarding possible
presidential deposition questions. A lack of evidentiary sufficiency seems obvious while the Special Counsel genesis
lacked-"unique circumstances"-o_O fail cause qualification. Deputy Attorney Generalship notwithstanding.
But the Cubs are on fire.:D And the Bears just nailed the draft.:D

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks, Chicago Sun Times; New York Times.
Cubs starting rotation hasn't given up an earned run in 32innings and some change thereabouts. Darvish seems focused.

Missed last nite's mound meltdown, too much paperwork and no sleep; so this dawn's Starbucks and sports page surprise
heralding a bull pen setback got the day started right. :eek::(Ahh...

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I made an insane amount of bacon. Thats all. Just bacon. And coffee.
Bacon, the crack cocain of processed foods. Have you ever tried bacon medallions? It's quite easy, you need a muffin baking tray, then, using a pastry brush just line the muffin shape with a splash of olive oil. Brush the oil all around the muffin shape. You only need a small amount, it's so that the medallion releases easily. Take a couple of rashers of bacon, trim them so that only the medallion is left and then place them in the muffin tray making sure that they cover the entire surface. Carefully crack an egg without breaking the yoke into the centre of the bacon. Repeat for as many medallions as you want. Place into a very hot oven for about eight minutes or so. You need to keep an eye on them, they tend to look underdone, then suddenly the yoke colour changes, when that happens they are ready.
My missus and I enjoyed them earlier today, we ate them with grilled tomatoes, steam fried mushrooms and baked beans.
medallion.jpg

Stopped at a “British” restaurant for brunch yesterday. My wife had hash & eggs (pork and potatoes with Brussel sprouts and butternut squash topped with two Cholula basted fried duck eggs) and I had fried chicken livers on top of organic cheddar grits with cashews, green onions and gravy. Mine was paired with an Old Speckled Hen ale and hers with endless Mimosas.

12448C3E-557A-407C-8256-A7BE1A3AD524.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Mine was paired with an Old Speckled Hen ale and hers with endless Mimosas.
Old Speckled Hen was first brewed in 1979 in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the MG car factory there on the 30 November 1979.
MG & Old_Speckled_Hen_Abingdon1929-1979.png

Old Speckled Hen took its name from an MG car which was used as a runaround for workers in the MG factory. Over years of service, the car became covered in flecks of paint, gaining it acclaim in the town and earned it the nickname "Owld Speckled 'Un", translated by Ian Williams the personnel officer at the Abingdon factory into Old Speckled Hen for the brown ale first brewed by Morland in 1979 when the brewery was asked by MG to create a commemorative beer for the factory's 50th anniversary.

I made an insane amount of bacon. Thats all. Just bacon. And coffee.
When I was growing up, breakfast on almost every Sunday consisted of bacon and eggs. Dad liked to cook and was damn good at it, and he'd always make extra bacon and extra toast so we'd all have something to snack on throughout the day. To this day a simple sandwich of buttered toast and bacon is a favorite and reminds me of those days.

Bacon, the crack cocain of processed foods...
Under the heading of "dirty little secrets", the smell of frying bacon will make even the most die-hard vegetarians and vegans re-think their dietary choices, even if it's only for a brief moment. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21