Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Bacon, the crack cocain of processed foods. Have you ever tried bacon medallions? It's quite easy, you need a muffin baking tray, then, using a pastry brush just line the muffin shape with a splash of olive oil. Brush the oil all around the muffin shape. You only need a small amount, it's so that the medallion releases easily. Take a couple of rashers of bacon, trim them so that only the medallion is left and then place them in the muffin tray making sure that they cover the entire surface. Carefully crack an egg without breaking the yoke into the centre of the bacon. Repeat for as many medallions as you want. Place into a very hot oven for about eight minutes or so. You need to keep an eye on them, they tend to look underdone, then suddenly the yoke colour changes, when that happens they are ready.
My missus and I enjoyed them earlier today, we ate them with grilled tomatoes, steam fried mushrooms and baked beans.
View attachment 118693
I'm gonna give that a go next weekend!

Stopped at a “British” restaurant for brunch yesterday. My wife had hash & eggs (pork and potatoes with Brussel sprouts and butternut squash topped with two Cholula basted fried duck eggs) and I had fried chicken livers on top of organic cheddar grits with cashews, green onions and gravy. Mine was paired with an Old Speckled Hen ale and hers with endless Mimosas.

View attachment 118723
Duuuude! Nice work! :D

When I was growing up, breakfast on almost every Sunday consisted of bacon and eggs. Dad liked to cook and was damn good at it, and he'd always make extra bacon and extra toast so we'd all have something to snack on throughout the day. To this day a simple sandwich of buttered toast and bacon is a favorite and reminds me of those days.

Under the heading of "dirty little secrets", the smell of frying bacon will make even the most die-hard vegetarians and vegans re-think their dietary choices, even if it's only for a brief moment. :D
Vegetarian? Thats crazy talk! [emoji14]

Enjoy, but check the recipe on line first. I forgot to mention that as bacon cooks slower than an egg you need to roll out the bacon with a rolling pin in order to make the rasher delicately thin and thus cook a lot quicker. Let me know how you get on.
Thanks for the advice!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Coffee and the Sun Times sports page. Cubs' third guy threw reasonably well last nite against Atlanta;
touching plate corners and occasionally pounding the strike zone with good stuff but walked and stalled
with strikeouts before developing a leg cramp which yanked him after four innings. A pitch count at 61,
Darvish arguably could have gone another round or two; unfortunately for the ex-Dodger his rep failed restore.
A little more effort and a smidgen of determination goes a long way in Chicago.
And the kid isn't cutting it.:(

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy