Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I'm with ya on the chocolate chip cookie (and even more with you when you mentioned homemade), and I have nothing against tofu, but what exactly is a tofu bite?
Tofu bites are a recipe from one of my favorite food bloggers. Essentially you crumble tofu up (into "bites") and coat them with a mixture of soy sauce, olive oil, and nutritional yeast, and then bake them. They are quite tasty!

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
SGF was doing the same yesterday for a pie, which left me with some pitted ones to enjoy today. Like most people who bake - I assume - fresh fruit drives many of the baking decisions.
Canning, too. Since cherries are in season, they are on sale. I'll be picking up some more this weekend to make cherry jam and pie filling :)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks java and the Chicago Sun Times sportspage waiting for the 06.15 Rock Island to LaSalle Street Station.
The Cubs finally bested the Pirates, chin music served by the Pitt pitching staff and Joe getting ejected adding
to the mix. Theo's radio interview this week was interesting, his displeasure almost incongruous since the Yallie
is the one handing out the analytics sheet music. There is plenty of baseball yet to be played, and, if the team
can focus on the nuts and bolts: hit, get on base, steal, run, situational hitting, bunt, suicide squeeze, the
Central D can be won with post season play.

We recently returned from 11 weeks touring the SWest USA. Found a granola at Walmart that we really liked (Naked Bear) and it became an integral part of our breakfast rotation. It was not too highly sugared and plenty of nuts. However it is expensive and my prairie born practical wife began making her own granola. She made a fresh batch last night, particularly good so in spite of my protestations (Sunday breakfast in my mind be special, pancakes, or Dutch Babies or omelllete etc etc not cereal). My wife feigned hurt replying "So you are saying my granola is NOT special?". I humbly had granola for breakfast this morning.

We recently returned from 11 weeks touring the SWest USA. Found a granola at Walmart that we really liked (Naked Bear) and it became an integral part of our breakfast rotation. It was not too highly sugared and plenty of nuts. However it is expensive and my prairie born practical wife began making her own granola. She made a fresh batch last night, particularly good so in spite of my protestations (Sunday breakfast in my mind be special, pancakes, or Dutch Babies or omelllete etc etc not cereal). My wife feigned hurt replying "So you are saying my granola is NOT special?". I humbly had granola for breakfast this morning.

I understand that. Having both a similarly practical and skilled-in-cooking girlfriend of 22 years, I've come to appreciate how much thought, effort and kindness goes into what she, and I'm sure your wife, do. And just like your wife, she's made granola for the same reason (they mark the eye snot out of it in stores). Now, I simply eat what she makes as it is almost always very good and always well intended and, honestly, it is special when I stop to think about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto