Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich this morning. I put some sriracha hot sauce on it. Turned out pretty good.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

...I certainly don't eat hot cereal, such as Cream Of Wheat, because I got enough of that as a child.
My mother told me it was good for me.
Yet she'd watch me put sugar and butter in it...
When I was very young a neighbor, who was also a good friend of the family and often acted as babysitter, made the best oatmeal I'd ever eaten. Many years later I finally figured out the "secret ingredient" was Cream of Wheat, which she'd mixed into the oatmeal so that it would do a better job of filling our stomachs. I still like oatmeal for breakfast, with or without Cream of Wheat.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
When I was very young a neighbor, who was also a good friend of the family and often acted as babysitter, made the best oatmeal I'd ever eaten. Many years later I finally figured out the "secret ingredient" was Cream of Wheat, which she'd mixed into the oatmeal so that it would do a better job of filling our stomachs. I still like oatmeal for breakfast, with or without Cream of Wheat.
Interesting.
It would have to include bacon, that is the only way now that I'm "experienced." :D

DH I'd try it, but I hate bananas.
I have toyed with the idea of frying a peanut butter sandwich though, by buttering both pieces of bread ala grilled cheese.
I came close the other night, by placing a pb sandwich in the Nuwave oven for a minute.
The pb was warm and melting, and the bread was slightly toasted. :D

Given your 10-20 Gregg, I'm surprised you aren't a master of the art.
Fried in butter really takes them to a whole new level. Two of my kids are adopted from overseas, and they absolutely detest peanut butter, won't even have peanut butter cookies or Reeses cups, but fry up some pb and banana sandwiches in butter and they'll eat their own weight in them.

Oat Meal? That's for hippies! :puke: :p

Interesting.
It would have to include bacon, that is the only way now that I'm "experienced." :D

DH I'd try it, but I hate bananas.
I have toyed with the idea of frying a peanut butter sandwich though, by buttering both pieces of bread ala grilled cheese.
I came close the other night, by placing a pb sandwich in the Nuwave oven for a minute.
The pb was warm and melting, and the bread was slightly toasted. :D

Just put the peanut butter sandwich in the microwave---same thing. :p
Oh and some said BACON! MMMMMM MMMMM

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
More info please.

Chocolate gravy is a delicious concoction! Almost pudding like :)

Chocolate Gravy

1/2-3/4 cup sugar
2 heaping Tbsp flour
1 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/4 c milk
1 T butter
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine dry ingredients in a saucepan. Add milk and whisk. Bring to a boil and stir constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter. Serve over biscuits.

I will sometimes add additional milk if it's too thick.

I think that will go nicely over some fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Given your 10-20 Gregg, I'm surprised you aren't a master of the art.
Fried in butter really takes them to a whole new level. Two of my kids are adopted from overseas, and they absolutely detest peanut butter, won't even have peanut butter cookies or Reeses cups, but fry up some pb and banana sandwiches in butter and they'll eat their own weight in them.

Given the fact I know 2 people that knew the Kingly eater of these sandwiches, I'm surprised I don't know how to cook them either.
Well, let me clarify.
I want to say one of these people fixed it one time when I was a kid.
Since I didn't like bananas, I didn't try it.
He watched the "cook to the King" fix one, in the kitchen so many people pass by on their tour.
The other person I know probably ate quite a bit of them, if that was the only thing being made at the time.
I might have to give the sandwich a go in the near future, as I certainly know how to cook Southern.

Now what did I read about chocolate gravy?
This would go great with the sandwich.:eusa_clap
Of course after I ate it, I'd have to get my jumpsuit let out a bit. ;)

DH I just read your post, you said the same thing I did.
It would be a good sandwich, but we'd both regret it I'm sure.

Chocolate gravy is a delicious concoction! Almost pudding like :)

Chocolate Gravy

1/2-3/4 cup sugar
2 heaping Tbsp flour
1 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/4 c milk
1 T butter
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine dry ingredients in a saucepan. Add milk and whisk. Bring to a boil and stir constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter. Serve over biscuits.

I will sometimes add additional milk if it's too thick.

My grandmother used to make that for us when I was a kid. It was such a treat. I have the recipe and make it every once in a while.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL