What's For Breakfast...

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by raiderrescuer, Jun 4, 2006.

1. dh66

dh66

There's a gas station right by my work that has a little kitchen in it. They do breakfast and lunch, just biscuits and burgers type stuff, and pastries. They make way better biscuits than any of the fast food places do. They're burgers are pretty good at lunch too. No microwave stuff there, it's all legit restaurant food, the restaurant just happens to be in a gas station.

I will on occasion, though, eat those little microwave sausage biscuits that come two per pack, if nothing else is around, but they need a LOT of mustard on them.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

2. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

This isn't the place is it?
    lulus_truckstop.jpg
    I don't know about eating there DH, the staff looks friendly but the place doesn't look sanitary. :D

3. dh66

dh66

[​IMG]

4. Today is National Pancake Day. Free Pancakes at IHOP. 7 am until 10 pm...!!
    HD

5. hatguy1

hatguy1 One Too Many

And don't forget the international pancake race between Olney, England and Liberal, Kansas today.

http://www.pancakeday.net/

6. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Coffee and the December 10th feature, The Bolshoi on the big screen culled from the Rossiyskaya Gazeta. :coffee:

7. Ensure with a few more ingredients and tweaked. Same difference. :p

8. lol lol lol Mouseturd and roaches :p

9. I doubt that it is free here. They would be broke by the end of the day with all the freeloaders around. :p

10. dh66

dh66

National pancake day is just a way to get the rest of the country to celebrate Fat Tuesday. Traditionally you would use up all the rich fat stuff in the house like eggs and milk and sugar and whatever else you would be avoiding during Lent, which starts tomorrow. Pancakes are, of course, a good way to do this. I think I'll stick to the tried and true tradition of drinking a lot of hurricanes myself this evening, and then just lay off rum until Easter.

11. Ha..I still had the tall 'Hurricane' goblet from Pat O'Brians circa 1971 until a few years ago when it toppled off a shelf and broke. Memories of sitting in the walled courtyard being served by waiters in red waistcoats during Madi Gras came flooding back. I was a young Army Drill Sergeant then wild and free in the French Quarter. Those were the days. :cool:
    HD

12. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

Or so you remember, until Hurricane number 5. :D

13. hatguy1

hatguy1 One Too Many

I was back there a couple years ago and they'd returned to doing that at Pat O's - goblet and all.

14. No. 5...you gotta be kidding..! I sat there in the courtyard in the hot sun drinking my first one before we tackled the French Quarter...and almost wobbled out of the place. We partied all night until 10am the next morning before crashing at the hotel for a few hours before hitting it all afternoon and night again. Woke up to bright sunshine in the park with a Hippie chick from LalaLand and a half gallon of wine. Almost AWOL. :p
    HD

15. A hippie?! Nasty!

16. Well if IHOP wants to et rid o stuff for free, out here they will strip the shelves---Lent or no Lent.:p
    I have decided I will lay off water until Easter.

17. Yes Sah....and her name WAS Rita..!!..now that you mention it...
    HD

18. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

If you eliminate the hippie chick, it's an awesome story. :D
    I had 2 or 3 I can't remember...hurricanes not hippie chicks.
    Then later that afternoon, 2-3 cups of coffee at Café Dumond.

Another protein shake and 2 pieces of toast this morning.

19. Rita the Hippa. I hope you used the Pro pack when you got back to the base. :p