Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Hercule

Practically Family
Hate to admit it but we did drive through at BK this morning.

Son had a bacon cheese croissant (no egg) and chocolate milk , and I had a plain burger (just a burger and a bun) and coffee.

I've really enjoyed that the Burger King on my way to work is serving burgers for breakfast. It takes me back to some of my earliest memories of going out to breakfast with my dad (I couldn't have been older than 5 or 6) when a hamburger and a vanilla milk shake was my breakfast of choice.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Shofeits dip makes it at least tolerable---not great but tolerable. I would rather waste good dip on celery than Cauliflower. :doh:

Wow, how we differ. As much as I like cauliflower, celery is probably my most hated vegetable. I don't like anything about it, texture or taste, raw or cooked. Cannot stand it. It's about the only vegetable I will not eat.

I guess different strokes for different folks are what makes life so interesting.

Wow, how we differ. As much as I like cauliflower, celery is probably my most hated vegetable. I don't like anything about it, texture or taste, raw or cooked. Cannot stand it. It's about the only vegetable I will not eat.

I guess different strokes for different folks are what makes life so interesting.

Celery is innocuous. It hard tastes liek anything so it is easy to flavor it up. Cauliflower tastes like, well, errrrr.....but anyway, you have to smother that nasty taste to make it palatable. :p

OOOO I just can't stand celery..!! It can be tolerable loaded with peanut butter..but barely...and for breakfast it would just plain suck..!! This is the breakfast thread...isn't it..??lol
HD

For breakfast, it would not be too good. How about in a bloody Mary later?
I hate most vegetables so celery and the beans I am growing in the garden are going to be about all I can stand. :p
The Cherry Plums that I juiced and made into a iced drink was something else though.....then again that is fruit not nasty vegetables. :p

For breakfast, it would not be too good. How about in a bloody Mary later?
I hate most vegetables so celery and the beans I am growing in the garden are going to be about all I can stand. :p
The Cherry Plums that I juiced and made into a iced drink was something else though.....then again that is fruit not nasty vegetables. :p

Did someone say, "Bloody Mary?" :D
Put that on my list of Things to Accomplish for tomorrow. I am not a fan of celery, but it looks nice in a Bloody Mary.

I prefer mimosas with my morning meal.

Today I started with coffee, then later on had some cheese grits, sausage links, and wheat toast.
No celery

or cauliflower

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You can be wrong if you like. :p Cauliflower will still be horrible. :p

The number of cauliflower connessiurs is growing James, watch out.
Yeah, if your Heeler has a sensitive enough snout, there is no way we can sneak up on you.
I haven't had cauliflower in 2 months at least, I just don't care to eat much anymore.
In fact yesterday's trip to Sodolaks was the most I had eaten in quite some time.
Celery...my wife cuts that up, along with onions for her eggs.
Again, I just don't put that much work into it anymore.
I want to say I use celery in chili. Well actually I just said it. :p
From what I remember, that is one of the ingredients in Wendy's chili.
Oh sure, it's cheaper to go to Wendy's and buy it, but I can make a large batch with lower sodium and better meat. Now if I could just find a recipe for their chili seasoning packs. The one I had wasn't even close!

Almond flour pancakes with honey. As finicky as she is, my MIL even ate one, and my FIL loves them. Then again, he's restricted for a few more days on his diet, due to the removal of his gallbladder, so he'll take what I fix and be happy with it. LOL

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Did someone say, "Bloody Mary?" :D
Put that on my list of Things to Accomplish for tomorrow. I am not a fan of celery, but it looks nice in a Bloody Mary.

I agree. It looks great as garnish for a Bloody Mary, and makes for a handy stir stick. But when I'm finished with my drink, the celery will still be whole, sitting in the empty glass.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Coffee, omelet, and Dostoevsky and the Mystery of Russia, Latin Mass Magazine, Fall 2001; Vivaldi: Concerto in B-flat for 2 Violins:coffee:

I agree. It looks great as garnish for a Bloody Mary, and makes for a handy stir stick. But when I'm finished with my drink, the celery will still be whole, sitting in the empty glass.

It's taste and texture deem that is all it is good for in my world as well.
:D
Bacon, cheesy scrambled eggs, seasoned country potatoes, toast, coffee, and a glass of orange juice this fine morning.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL