Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I caught my sons eating the hard salami right out of the pack this morning so I persuaded them to let me cook the salami for breakfast instead of eating it like a barbarian. :p So hard salami fried in bacon grease and eggs fried in the same. Salami never tasted so good. :p
I've done both. :D

Low carb wraps, with sausage, cheese, and 3 eggs.

...You mash up the eggs and mix the yolk snot with your grits...
I'd probably be lynched if I ever moved to an area where they take their grits seriously, because I like mine with a little sugar mixed in. :peep: As for eggs, over easy is my preference, though scrambled will do sometimes...or an omelette. :essen:

I'd probably be lynched if I ever moved to an area where they take their grits seriously, because I like mine with a little sugar mixed in.

My wife, who originally hails from Philly, eats them that way. Huh.
I like grits with cheese in them, or covered in gravy. Shrimp and grits is ok, but it's way overrated.
As far as runny eggs, the way I love'em is in huevos rancheros. Mix that yolk in with some refried beans and salsa and shovel it in with warm tortillas. Even better if there's some icy cold dos equis to wash it all down with!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

My wife, who originally hails from Philly, eats them that way. Huh.
I've never been to Philly, so no connection there. :D Grits remind me of Cream of Wheat, so I eat them both the same way.

...As far as runny eggs, the way I love'em is in huevos rancheros. Mix that yolk in with some refried beans and salsa and shovel it in with warm tortillas...
Now you're talking! :thumb::thumb:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Black coffee and the New York Times Books section feature, The Chronicles of C.S. Lewis Lead to Poets' Corner
and Doris Lessing's obituary. Fascinating woman.

Bacon, egg, and cheese tacos and a parade on tv with some folks I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving morning.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
McDonalds Big Breakfast with extra sausage, gave the carbs to my wife. :D
FIL was released from the hospital (A-Fib) and was home in time to help with the dressing this afternoon.
Otherwise the wife and I had it all taken care of when he arrived (well we had to go get him).
So Breakfast wasn't going to be the same as it was each year, since he didn't get a chance to purchase the items we usually eat.

Grits with sugar? Oh I"m sure that violates some grit commandment. :p

As far as runny eggs, the way I love'em is in huevos rancheros. Mix that yolk in with some refried beans and salsa and shovel it in with warm tortillas. Even better if there's some icy cold dos equis to wash it all down with!

:puke: I won't eat snot eggs or grits so I am safe from both indignities. :p

As far a the beer--- it wasn't meant to be drank with something THAT interesting. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner