Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

My "breakfast food" tastes are fairly ordinary--eggs (preferably over easy, but scrambled will do), bacon, hash browns, white toast (buttered, of course), pancakes, french toast, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal (preferably with raisins), coffee (coffee flavored coffee, that is, none of that yuppified flavored stuff) etc.. But every once in a while it's good to have a favorite "specialty" item from a not-so-local eatery, and two come to mind:
  • There is a restaurant chain called Black Bear Diner with 60 locations in nine states (primarily in California) that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner all day long. Their pancakes are made with sweet cream, and they're so good that pouring maple syrup on them is almost a criminal act.
  • Much lesser known is a "breakfast and sandwich" shop called Mike's Hockey Burger about five miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles. All of their breakfasts are good, but they make a Spanish Omelette that in my opinion is unsurpassed. Most of the ingredients are common--eggs, onions, American cheese, fresh salsa on top--but they include a type of salami that nicely enhances and compliments all of the other flavors. If I were ever to find myself in a "last meal" situation, this would definitely be near the top of my list!
The nice thing about both restaurants is that their breakfast portions are very generous; if you leave either of them hungry, it's your own fault.

Aww nuts, now I'm hungry. :hungry:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
3 eggs fried, 3 sausage patties, and 3 pieces of applewood bacon.
And coffee of course, I'm stuck on Fresh Market's Café Noir. It's a dark blend with a hint of smokiness.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Fried eggs over cornbeef hash...wheat toast and real butter. Orange juice and black coffee.
HD
I wish I could eat like you.
I can, but I can't do carbs or I'll "expand my horizons." :D

My breakfast is pretty much the same each day, because I have things planned out by time.
As long as I get up at x and start breakfast by y, then I leave for work on time.
Any variation from that and my day is out of whack for hours!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Today it will be thick sliced peppered bacon, because I got it at Kroger for $4.99 a pound.
3 eggs, and 2 pieces of sausage. Although I might buy the links again, Kroger's aren't bad for the price.
No toast since I'm still doing low carb, and I don't know why because I have yet to lose a pound.
I haven't gained though...:rolleyes:
At least the wife has dropped 25 pounds. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff