Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

fried potatos and scrambled eggs with leftover taco meat on top, with El Yucateco xxxtra hot mayan style hot sauce to jump start the day

I think I've found the perfect dog for James:

Jamespowers_Dog_zps755cd977.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Coffee, omelet, and the New York Times Books article, Trying to Bring Baldwin's Complex Voice Back to the Classroom.
I did not know that he ever left. If the kids are not reading Baldwin the earlier Harlem Renaissance authors such
as James Weldon Johnson, Paul Robeson, Langston Hughes, Gwendolyn Bennet, Countee Cullen and others have been
reduced to brief anthology reference, if that. :(

Sunday morning smackdown! I thawed out a chuck roast from a cow we had butchered awhile back and made carne adobado in the slow cooker with it over night. This morning I fried up some thick sliced bacon and scrambled some eggs in the bacon grease, then made tacos with all three of the aforementioned items on them, along with some cheddar cheese and El Yucateco xxxtra hot sauce. Washed it all down with a glass of grapefruit juice and several cups of black coffee.

My adobo was made with an onion, whole head of garlic, dried red chiles, cumin, oregano, fresh cilantro, and a beer. I usually like to throw in a couple of fresh peppers too, but we didn't have any and I didn't feel like going out to the store.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Well, I started off correctly with wheat toast, almond butter, coffee, and water. Then my son performed a donut dance, and I just can't ignore a good donut dance. More coffee, and a plain glaze.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner