Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Eat breakfast like a king. https://blog.p.lodz.pl/en/analysis/eat-breakfast-king-lunch-prince-and-dinner-pauper

Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Yet, in the throes of the daily grind, we tend to forget about it. Oftentimes, we simply skip it. Typical excuses we give ourselves include: I got up too late; I wasn't really that hungry; It was too early to eat.

Everything we eat and drink in the morning has an impact on our activeness, alertness, and concentration throughout the day. The morning meal is regarded by dietitians as the most important one for your health and proper functioning of your body, which is why you should not be skipping it. Breakfast helps you maintain stable insulin levels and at the same time, reduces the risk of diabetes and obesity. What's more, it provides you with energy for the day, which improves brain functioning and general well-being.

My breakfast meal is porridge more often than not. It's not what you might say delicious, but with a little crème fraîche , it's just about ok. The nutritional value is amazing, the slow release of the energy, often allows me to go for six or seven hours before feeling any sense of hunger and by then I usually top up with fresh fruit. That will see me through until my evening meal.

As for breakfast like a king, some do go to extremes.

breakfast.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Yet, in the throes of the daily grind, we tend to forget about it. Oftentimes, we simply skip it. Typical excuses we give ourselves include: I got up too late; I wasn't really that hungry; It was too early to eat.

View attachment 364087
I'm just coffee, egg, and toast in the morning. As in three egg omelet. A single slice of wheat toast.

I like MSNBC? Morning Joe news and commentary with lovely Mika Brezinsky. Several coffee cups.
This station features General Barry McCaffrey whom I met while in service. Helluva soldier
and prescient military affairs commentator.
Filtering out all the wheat from the news chaff is a mildly amusing morning habit. :cool:

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
During my recent vacation near Jerez in Spain it’s been baked beans, Chorizo and bacon for first course every morning.
I do that at any vacation if available and my girlie claims I’m a little nuts about that

I believe this is rather the Anglian branch of my gene pool breaking through from time to time…:D

Back home the German takes over and it’s rolled oats with blueberries and a liter of coffee every working day’s morning….

MichaelRhB

One of the Regulars
Whole wheat toast with butter and strawberry jam, coffee.

Lunch is almost always a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with some variety of potato or corn chip.

This morning I made my raspberry/white chocolate scones. Using the basic Joy of Cooking scone recipe and adding in lots of fresh raspberries and white choco chunks. My wife and I alternate....one Sunday scones and next week will be her Buttermilk pancakes w/blueberries.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Coffee, black. Scrambled eggs, toast. Grab bacon whenever. Coffee roll. I also like donuts. MickeyDee's sausage biscuits. Latee chaser. Talking to kids at MickyDee about fedoras and Indiana Jones. Push some Shakespeare.
Hand over a Telegraph, Times, Wall Street Journal to encourage reading. Grab another coffee for the walk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ