Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
*Passes her plate*
(James is not the only one here)
Bacon, please! :essen:
I got the idea from a Mexican restaurant here.
It was very good this way, but sorry James the sausage was crumbled and I didn't have time to wrap you some.
I do wear out the countertop appliances though, because the sausage and bacon were cooked (halfway) in the Nuwave, then brought together with the beef in the pressure cooker. Less to clean up, and the stove still stays white. :)
I didn't have time to put onions in, because I have to schedule a 2.5mi walk with the wife each evening, and we were running behind.
Tonight I'll add onions and pressure cook it together for a quicker heat up, plus to melt the onions a bit.
As for the bacon, we got it at Walmart for use in cooking, but not for eating slices such as the Fresh Market Applewood.
Since I found Fresh Market's connection, and when it cools off a bit in the South, I'll order 5-8lb of Applewood, and 3lb of Cherry.
Per pound I'm coming out at least $1.25 ahead on each package.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Dinner last night at Crunk Manor (and leftovers tonight). CROCK-POT chicken & dressing, peas, and cranberry sauce. Compliments of my lovely Chef Christy. It's THANKSGIVING in JULY!!! YUMMMM.
Served on plates from a vintage diner I might add.

1069419_10153077118560077_680165620_n.jpg

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That is nice. :thumb:

So, what time is dinner? :D
Now! ;)
I added chicken because I wasn't sure I'd have enough meat for both of us.
Also added a 3 pepper blend with onions, and a Mexican tomato sauce, all in the pressure cooker for flavor.
Turned out very well, with Tapatio hot sauce of course.
Pictures later.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
I just don't think homemade tacos (as good as they are) would have been a typical dinner in the golden age, except maybe in border states such as Texas. Of course I guess this thread is not really about golden era food specifically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy