Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
As I fried the pork chops before going walking, then came back and fried the okra, while pressure cooking cauliflower (for fake potatoes) my wife says "wow this is a lot of work, no wonder we don't do this during the week."
A couple hours work, but it's good, and low carb. :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
lol Thank you. I'm looking forward to meeting little Ruger.
Of course you'll have to teach him not to frown where customers can see him, when you point out all the Dodge products you have for sale.
It might take time. At least Ford is easy to say for youngsters. :D

Last night's dinner was a success for the most part. Still have to work out the soy flour batter for fried okra, and might actually have to add a bit of corn meal, but all in all it came out great. Just had too much and I paid for it with an hour tummy ache!

Bacon IS fiber. Obviously you don't make it crisp enough. Oh and I had bacon for breakfast with eggs scrambled in the bacon grease. MMMM MMM My son also had me fry him some Bologna. He wanted a Fried Bologna sandwich. Easy enough. I remember my grandmother making them for me. He sure can nostalgia blackmail me. :p Then again, it meant more bacon for me. Tonight is a fundraiser dinner that I am going to---steak and shrimp. I hope it is all you can eat. :p

My bacon is always crispy, mmmmm.........
We were talking about fried bologna a couple of days ago while watching The Andy Griffith Show. We were remembering how good it was and discussing how bad it probably was for us and how we didn't care.
:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Chicken and beef fajitas in my new iron skillet.
Needed a larger one than I had, and the Lodge brand seems to be the best.
Seared the meat and veggies just like I wanted. :eusa_clap
Tapatio hot sauce, Pancho's white cheese dip, and low carb tortillas.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
My bacon is always crispy, mmmmm.........
We were talking about fried bologna a couple of days ago while watching The Andy Griffith Show. We were remembering how good it was and discussing how bad it probably was for us and how we didn't care.

Love me some fried bologna sandwiches, and fried bologna with pancakes. In fact I've sort of developed a routine around here of eating the later while watching old episodes of The Untouchables on Youtube. Go figure.

jskeen

One of the Regulars
Steaks.... It's payday, and that means grocery weekend!

With sweet potatoes in the oven till soft, and green beans sauteed in bacon fat and cooked down to regulation army green.
2013-07-28

Listening to Pink Floyd and enjoying a cold Lone Star tall boy while they sizzle!

Happy Birthday, Richard Wright! RIP

"We're just two lost souls,
swimming in a fishbowl,
Year after Year."

Last edited:
Love me some fried bologna sandwiches, and fried bologna with pancakes. In fact I've sort of developed a routine around here of eating the later while watching old episodes of The Untouchables on Youtube. Go figure.

We had both as well way back when I was chronologically a kid. I think that tomorrow's run to the grocery store will include picking up bologna.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic