Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I suppose I should go out and pull a few more mirlitons for pies tonight. The boys keep eating the whole dang thing and leaving me nothing by the time I get home. :rolleyes: I'll have to make two I guess. :doh:
Naturally, it means it's GOOD food.
Make more. :whip:

Tonight it is this...

We all like your "tonight"
Say "Hello" to the Mrs. Hoosier for me. :wave:

No bacon James, because she ate it all yesterday, dern her.
My kind of woman. :p

Dinner?
FISH. :fish:
Lousy fish.. :tsk:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Fish, blech.
I used to eat a lot of it growing up, because a relative was from the coast, and fixed it a lot.
When I got married, my wife didn't eat it, so now I don't.
The only kind I'd eat was trigger fish, red snapper, and amberjack, and on occasion orange roughy.
Yes James I'll have to buy more. Today is grocery day, and I'm going to Kroger for their thick sliced bacon. 2lbs might last us the week.
Oddly enough, the meat market has bacon but it comes out thin and crispy. Uh no, I'm in the business of eating as much protein as I can, and I don't care for thin and crispy. ;)

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today..my friends..is INTERNATIONAL BACON DAY..
What?!
Why was I not informed of this magnificent event earlier?!
Where are the "Do-come-for-a-slice" invitations? Where do I send my R.S.V.P. - because: where there's bacon - rest assured I'll be there. :D

Fish, blech.
:fish:
I will be digesting this monstrosity for ages! :puke:

Supper - crunchy cracklings!! :essen:
(I can have it - I'll be heading to pub later on, and they say "You shouldn't drink on an empty stomach) lol

Fish, blech.
I used to eat a lot of it growing up, because a relative was from the coast, and fixed it a lot.
The only kind I'd eat was trigger fish, red snapper, and amberjack, and on occasion orange roughy.
Yes James I'll have to buy more. Today is grocery day, and I'm going to Kroger for their thick sliced bacon. 2lbs might last us the week.
Oddly enough, the meat market has bacon but it comes out thin and crispy. Uh no, I'm in the business of eating as much protein as I can, and I don't care for thin and crispy. ;)

Thick Bacon is better. I buy it in 5 and ten pound increments. :p I love the ends too. :p

Fish, blech.

I love fish...that's the best thing about living near the ocean.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Steak and sweet potato fries (fried not baked).
The fries at a bi*ch to do because you have to fry them twice, but they sure come out good.
Tapatio hot sauce to make them better.

Yeah thick bacon is better, which is why we get it. Once things cool down, I'll start ordering from Nueske's.
Cherry bacon? That just sounds intriguing. :D

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Jackie made some chicken salad earlier. I ate some of it on a few Ritz crackers and drank a beer for my supper. We worked all day in the yard and we're both too tired to mess with cooking tonight. In a minute, I might go mix a bourbon and coke. I'd love to play my guitar for a while, but my hands feel like bear paws.

AF

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Jackie made some chicken salad earlier. I ate some of it on a few Ritz crackers and drank a beer for my supper. We worked all day in the yard and we're both too tired to mess with cooking tonight. In a minute, I might go mix a bourbon and coke. I'd love to play my guitar for a while, but my hands feel like bear paws.

AF

Well, today was another scoarcher, so a cold dinner again. Some friends from out of town were over to dinner, and we had a jolly time until they had to leave so as to make home beofre midnight.

Menu consisted of Frappéed Yellow Tomato Juice, Stuffed Celery, Pot Roast in Aspic (served with Cold Mustard Sauce), Corn on the Cob, Raspberries with Brown Sugar and Sour Cream, Ginger Snaps, Iced and Hot Coffee.

Tomorrow I'll be building and hanging new garage doors, and so we will have no time to cook. Pizza is a likely consequence of this.

That's a grey one.
Kinda like the color it turns when it's done. :D
You'd better consult the guru James on this.
It will either get a wag of the curly tail, or it won't. ;)

No fake bacon. Bacon is made from pork and nothing else! No exceptions!
Black Forest Bacon was interesting but too sweet for some reason. Kind of perplexing but I did go back and buy them out because the boys liked it. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran