Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You may be right.
I've been doing this since I was 10, right after my grandmother taught me.
But in my teen years I liked to eat 3 times a day, and since my mother wasn't inclined to cook, I did it (for myself mostly and my dad on occasion).
The only times my wife has cooked has been when I was sick.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Mock Turtle Soup, (Simplified, made from 1 can Mock Turtle (soup), 1 can Tomato (soup), 3 cups Stock, 1/2 tsp. Lemon Juice, 1 tsp Worchestershire, 1 hard boiled egg, riced, sherry), Pork Tenderloins (roasted in butter and currant jelly), Curried Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, Glazed Apple Squares, Demitasse.

Last edited:
Mock Turtle Soup, (Simplified, made from 1 can Mock Turtle, 1 can Tomato, 3 cups Stock, 1/2 tsp. Lemon Juice, 1 tsp Worchestershire, 1 hard boiled egg, rices, sherry), Pork Tenderloins, roasted in butter and currant jelly, Curried Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, Glazed Apple Squares, Demitasse.
Mock Turtle? Go get a real Green Turtle and make it again. :p What is Mock? I understand it is brains and organ meat?! Why don't they call it Brains and Organ Meat Soup. :p

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Mock Turtle? Go get a real Green Turtle and make it again. :p What is Mock? I understand it is brains and organ meat?! Why don't they call it Brains and Organ Meat Soup. :p

I generally use a can of Worthmore brand Mock Turtle Soup, which is made entirely of lean beef. The above listed recipie is a quickie for busy days. Ther is another brand of canned real turtle soup that I've found before (Bookbinder's), but I cannot get it here.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
As long as when she cooks it doesn't make you sick then you should feign ignorance. My wife won't let me touch the wash because once I "accidentally" shrunk some of her clothes. That was 15 years ago. :p
I do that too.
She has me trained. LOL
Actually I just can't sit all day, so I do the work to keep active.

Tonight it's beef, sausage (Italian and pork), and bacon tacos.
With onions and habanero hot sauce (out of Tapatio).
Low carb tortillas to hold all this delicious mix. :D

I do that too.
She has me trained. LOL
Actually I just can't sit all day, so I do the work to keep active.

Tonight it's beef, sausage (Italian and pork), and bacon tacos.
With onions and habanero hot sauce (out of Tapatio).
Low carb tortillas to hold all this delicious mix. :D

Well in the train or be trained parlance, you have been trained. :p

Bacon Tacos! Now we are talking! Kind of like this?:

Man, that looks tasty!

It WAS. MMMMMM MMMMMMM

I like these too:
images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy