Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Justin B

One Too Many
No, the meal is followed by Demitasse, a half-sized cup of strong brewed coffee. Common custom among aspirational Upper Middle Class households eighty years ago. I find it quite pleasant, for the "Demi" ward off that after-dinner sommulence, encouragin lively conersation (or a bright game of cards) whilst not interfering with a good night's sleep.

Ahhhh...ok. I was under the impression that "demitasse" was the half sized cup itself and the coffee in it was either Turkish coffee (qahwah) or espresso.

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Crunchy ranch chicken
Sauteed zucchini
Rice

Younger kids have a spirit night at a frozen yogurt place, so may go there for dessert.

vintageTink

One Too Many
:D
No pasta, we're both on low carb. Which btw my wife has lost 22 pounds and I haven't lost but 2!
I think she's sticking them on my side of the bed at night, and I'm just absorbing them. ;)
Unless I bring my old car over to show them (keep it somewhere else), your menfolk would stand outside and talk about how hot TN is.
Or I could teach them how to use a hatchet to cut up pecan wood for smoking.
Kinda like whittling but more useful.
If it's next year, they can swim because my wife SWEARS we'll have a pool. Yeah, I'm not taking care of it.

Tonight it will be leftovers from last night. Even giving a neighbor 1 slab of ribs, I still have enough left over (with the sausage) for another meal.
I didn't see this. 22 lbs is great!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I didn't see this. 22 lbs is great!
Absolutely.
Of course it would be better if I lost 3-4.
I think I might be taking in too many carbs, especially the Guinness Stout I've been drinking each night.
One bottle is anywhere from 14 carbs to 20 carbs.
So tonight it's a glass of red wine, a bit lower in carbs.
Same dinner as last night, because we went to a book signing and answer session for Lara Parker from Dark Shadows.
Turkey burgers are easy to fix in the Nuwave Oven, 10 minutes on each side.

Absolutely.
I think I might be taking in too many carbs, especially the Guinness Stout I've been drinking each night.
Same dinner as last night, because we went to a book signing and answer session for Lara Parker from Dark Shadows.
Without bacon I bet.

vintageTink

One Too Many
Absolutely.
Don't feel bad. I can't lose anything either.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Don't feel bad. I can't lose anything either.
I'm gaining muscle.
Can't go into it here, but it's a nerve/muscle issue.
So I gain muscle, is that bad? ;)

No bacon James, sorry I was in a hurry.
I know, there is always time for bacon...

Burger King tacos, uh yeah.
I can't wait for them to come out with a pizza.
Are there gas station tacos? I think Tom needs to spill the bean burrito on this one.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Last night we had Grapefruit, Hamburg steak with Tomato sauce, Latkes, Broccoli with mock Hollandaise, Rolls and butter, cranberry sauce, Berry Crumble, and Demitasse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy