Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Tonight we had the future neighbors to dinner on the new terrace which I just completed at our future home. Stifling evening, so we served a cool dinner. After all, who likes to be stuck in the kitchen hovering over a hot range whilst the guests are gaily chattering in the yard?

The menu? Chicken Frappé, Stuffed Baked Fish (Pike from our local Baw Beese lake), Corn Oysters, String Bean Salad, Lavender Sorbet, Demitasse.

The Chicken Frappé was prepared this morning and was waiting in the chiller tray of the refrigerator. The fish was not critical, was assembled after lunch while we were waiting for the plasterer to show up, and was popped into a waiting pre-heated oven at six so as to be ready at seven-ish. The Corn Oysters were prepared in at the same time, though I cheated and used frozen corn rather than cooking and scraping cobs. They were dropped into hot oil in a tableside chafing dish just before service. The String Bean salad was made up yesterday as was the base for the sorbet. All in all a surprisingly easy meal to make given how nicely it presented.

Tomorrow will probably bring chilled tomato soup (Campbell's) Victory Meat Patties, the left-over Corn Oysters, Cucumber salad and watermelon, for we will be dining alone.

Last edited:

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Potato soup
Cheesey biscuits
Chocolate cupcakes filled with milk chocolate ganache and topped with peanut butter frosting (Dh's birthday)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Does Dr. Killpatient know you are eating that? :p
The hotwings open up his sinuses, the lager thins out his blood, and the UFC gets his heart going with the excitement.
Sounds okay to me, but then again I'm not a Dr.
I'd play one on tv though, if it paid enough. ;)

Steak, chicken, and chorizo fajitas. Local place, I was too tired to cook tonight.
Low carb tortillas and tapatio hot sauce finish this out.

Last edited:
The hotwings open up his sinuses, the lager thins out his blood, and the UFC gets his heart going with the excitement.
Sounds okay to me, but then again I'm not a Dr.
I'd play one on tv though, if it paid enough. ;)

Steak, chicken, and chorizo fajitas. Local place, I was too tired to cook tonight.
Low carb tortillas and tapatio hot sauce finish this out.
I can see it now Dr. Killem. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot