Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Try to find the silver lining. At least you were at home and not in some part of the world where they just s*** in holes in the ground.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
No more Kebobs from "Questionable Kebobs Are Us." :D
GHT, I know what your city looked like back then, I've seen plenty of movies from that period, the latest was "Blow Up" from 1966.
Of course you could have had a 2 way in your car. Scratchy at points though, probably affected by large buildings, which there aren't any of those in London. ;)
Again, we are careful about where we eat, especially food trucks or sidewalk vendors.

Tonight it's an 8lb Sirloin Tip Roast.
My wife swore we needed it 2 weeks ago, on our last visit to Costco.
Now, thawed and ready, it should cook nicely in a few hours, according to the recipe I have.

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
Tonite we are celebrating turkey day early.. nice small stuffed turkey with my moms family recipe for stuffing (in the bird), mashed taters, gravy, some veggie (probably honey carrots) & for desert a family recipe from my dads side.. swedish pancoke (basically baked cream of wheat) & topped with jarred lingon berries. Oh, and a bananna bread, dang I forgot the cream cheese, oh well.
Think I'll add a manhatten & relax. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
They were good. :p This morning I put some pork patties in the waffle iron. Waffle pork. :p It was a big hit. :p

Waffle pork...:eusa_doh:
The Foreman grill does that, which is why I don't use one anymore.
I don't like "wavy lays" sausage.

Gearing up to rub the seasonings on the roast, and put it on the oven shortly.

Homemade holupki and veriniky prepared by the Sisterhood of St. Olga at a Russian food and cultural festival.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Homemade holupki and veriniky prepared by the Sisterhood of St. Olga at a Russian food and cultural festival.

I only understood about half of that. :D

The roast came out great. Now I have enough pieces left over for 4 meals. From an 8.8lb roast that's not bad.
Fried cauliflower to go with it, which always turns out good.

dnjan

One Too Many
I get so aggravated with some Indiana speak. " I 'seen' her while I was doing the 'warsh' ". She was hiding in the 'booshes'
Tonight is pork loin..fried potatoes..and corn on the cob.
You sure you don't mean "karn an da kab??

Made a paté yesterday. It has been weighted in the fridge overnight, and so I will sample it for tonight's dinner.
I added some sautéed mushrooms - am thinking that the mushrooms plus the very small amount of liver that I used should create a nice earthiness.

Dinner last night was spaghetti and deep fried meatballs. Blueberry Chayote muffins for dessert. :p

What? No bacon? :p

969353_223339781175021_176872958_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari