Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

I get so aggravated with some Indiana speak. " I 'seen' her while I was doing the 'warsh' ". She was hiding in the 'booshes'
Tonight is pork loin..fried potatoes..and corn on the cob.

Special sweet rub then slow roasted for 6 hours. Then pulled out and added a cinnamon brown sugar mixture on it.

Last edited:
Chilli (hamburger and bean kind), cornbread, apple cider, and good cold German lager.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tonight is pork loin..fried potatoes..and corn on the cob.
Oh, no.. I really shouldn't.
OK, maybe just a bite... :hungry:

I also had Meat balls and pork roast---both done with bacon or bacon renderings.
No better way than bacon. :nod:

Dinner today:
Grenadier march.
([size=-1]Who here knows about this?[/size])

P1010254++grenadir+3+crop.jpg

Grenadier march
Had to google that one. I'd eat it, for sure. When I lived in Eastern Europe (is your part considered eastern, or more southern?) I missed tex-mex and southern cooking, but certainly did not go hungry for good food. I have learned to cook a lot of recipes from that part of the world, partly for my daughters, but also because I loved some of the food so much.

Well, there you go. I live in the southeastern U.S., so we have at least something in common.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Chili with beans tonight.
Cracker Barrel aged cheddar cheese, and tapatio hot sauce.

Wait, it is less than 7 isn't it?
Now that 78 has been widened, I guess it's like 4?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Tonight I had some excellent tamales from a Mexican food truck downtown.

:eeek:
You ARE brave.
We have 3 Mexican places we eat at.
And only because we've been there numerous times.
Sometimes, when fixing tacos, my wife will ask "did you wash your hands?"
"No, I want it to be just like the restaurant." :p

GHT

I'll Lock Up
:eeek:
You ARE brave.
We have 3 Mexican places we eat at.
And only because we've been there numerous times.
Sometimes, when fixing tacos, my wife will ask "did you wash your hands?"
"No, I want it to be just like the restaurant." :p
Aw man, has that provoked a reminisce, or what? It must be nearly 40 years ago. I live on the East side of London. On this particular day I had been to see a client on the West side of the city, near Heathrow airport in fact. Back then, the only communications we had were landline phones. So as I was about to leave, and as our meeting had taken much longer than I expected, I phoned my wife to tell her I would be late, and also that I would get a bite to eat at a take-away.
At that time, the kebab was becoming very popular. I had enjoyed them previously, and seeing an impeccably clean kebab takeaway, what could be better. I could eat it whilst driving, and the pitter bread that it came in wouldn't leave my fingers greasy.
That kebab put me on my back for about three days. I tell you, never was I so sick. At one point, with a raging temperature, I was sitting on the pan with a bowl in my lap. Sorry if that's too much information, but that was an experience that I could never forget. Never ever touched a kebab again......Ever!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav