Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Last night was a big BBQ day for us. Went over to my son's friend's house. They stuck me with BBQing when I said I didn't mind BBQing over sticking something in an oven. :p
So I BBQed steaks, hotlinks, hamburgers and ribs. Someone wanted a rare steak but obviously they didn't know what rare is because I got it back for a few more minutes of cooking. :p More medium rare than rare. :p Rare is about five minutes on each side at a temperature above 300 degrees---at least it is to me. :p
We also had potato salad, watermelon and the usual side dishes. :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Yep, double bacon. I have found that two packs (2lbs./pack) of bacon per cheeseburger works perfectly.
:D
That should get your membership back in good standing.

James it sounds like you had a good cook out.
All the important meats were represented. :eusa_clap
Although I thought being in California, it was a law that Tofurkey be fixed at every BBQ. [huh]

Pizza tonight.

That should get your membership back in good standing.

James it sounds like you had a good cook out.
All the important meats were represented. :eusa_clap
Although I thought being in California, it was a law that Tofurkey be fixed at every BBQ. [huh]

Pizza tonight.

As a Californian, I can testify that BBQ and Tofurkey, do not and cannot coexist in the same backyard much less the same grill.
:D

vintageTink

One Too Many
You get used to it.
Natures Own has a product out called something thins.
You'll see them, they're round and a lot thinner than regular bread.
Check the carb count on those.
At one time we ate those here, then just got out of the habit.
I'll look for those at the market tomorrow.

You need thick leaf lettuce. :p
Yes, and not iceberg. Tasteless ship killers.

Last night was a big BBQ day for us. Went over to my son's friend's house. They stuck me with BBQing when I said I didn't mind BBQing over sticking something in an oven. :p
So I BBQed steaks, hotlinks, hamburgers and ribs. Someone wanted a rare steak but obviously they didn't know what rare is because I got it back for a few more minutes of cooking. :p More medium rare than rare. :p Rare is about five minutes on each side at a temperature above 300 degrees---at least it is to me. :p
We also had potato salad, watermelon and the usual side dishes. :D
I'll take medium, medium well. And throw on some chorizo and ribs for good measure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn