Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Because the pizza will make you not feel good? Pizza always sits like a stone in my stomach. I just can't do that much white flour at once.
Exactly.
White flour is only the icing on the cake.....the cheese grease, processed meat, and weeks recommended allowance of sodium cake.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Beef tacos, chicken tacos, chips and cheese dip.
At home oddly enough. :D
Cooked the beef on the stove, and the chicken in the pressure cooker at the same time. ;)

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
Exactly.
White flour is only the icing on the cake.....the cheese grease, processed meat, and weeks recommended allowance of sodium cake.

Meat (when I still ate it) and fat have never given me issues unless combined with the flour. And my blood pressure tends to run low, so sodium isn't the worst thing.

Meat (when I still ate it) and fat have never given me issues unless combined with the flour. And my blood pressure tends to run low, so sodium isn't the worst thing.
My bp tends to run high, but its the cheese that does me in. Dairy is not my friend.

Tonight was ground beef tacos with refried beans and Spanish rice.

I've eaten that meal most of my life.
Me too....aside from the spam, it's one of my favorite meals. I'd much prefer dome pork chops or meat loaf, but like I said, day before pay day. Ate a lot of spam, corned beef hash, canned salmon, etc. growing up, and lots of veggies from the garden. Sometimes no meat at all for weeks.

Me too....aside from the spam, it's one of my favorite meals. I'd much prefer dome pork chops or meat loaf, but like I said, day before pay day. Ate a lot of spam, corned beef hash, canned salmon, etc. growing up, and lots of veggies from the garden. Sometimes no meat at all for weeks.

Grew up thinking everyone ate beans and potatoes for dinner most days. Cornbread, of course and salmon patties from canned salmon, what a treat and still a favorite.

Grew up thinking everyone ate beans and potatoes for dinner most days. Cornbread, of course and salmon patties from canned salmon, what a treat and still a favorite.
Yes, I love salmon patties. There used to be a little cafe over in the ghetto on my way to work, and that lady made some of the best ones. I'd stop and get 'em for breakfast, with some cheese grits or rice and gravy. I miss that place.

And when I was growing up, everyone DID eat beans and cornbread most of the time, and was d@mn glad for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL