Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite Breakfast Cereal...

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OOhh, I really like cereal. When I was a kid, like candy, I wasn't allowed the sugary kind, so I think that caused me to develop a craving for the real sweet stuff.
I like Capn' Crunch with crunch berries, or Peanut butter crunch.
I also like Froot Loops, especially when mixed with the added sweetness of some apple jacks.
I try to stick to the healthier Special K. I actually just saw a commercial for "fruity cheerios", I guess they're supposed to be a healthier version of fruit loops. I'll give em' a try, let you know if they are sugary enough for my too sweet palate.
Oops, almost forgot Lucky Charms, they sure are magically delicious:)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
When I was little I loved Kix, Wheaties, and Shredded Wheat (boring kid that I was). On cold winter mornings, I'd make myself hot cornmeal mush or Wheatena.

Nowdays, I'm very fond of Grape Nuts Flakes. And in the winter, a bowl of Cream of Wheat with a little salt and butter really hits the spot.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Aaron Hats said:
Honey Nut Cheerios for me. Have it every morning except Fridays when I take my wife out to breakfast.
HA, you beat me to it! :) Even brought it with me to work this morning as I occasionally do when the schedule gets tight...

Swing High,
- C H

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Sugar cereals: Honey Nuts and Apple Jacks.

Slightly better-for-you cereals: Raisin Bran and Rice Crispies, both sweetened with Equal.

I'm not supposed to eat cereal at all, but occasionally a bowl really hits the spot, especially when its way too hot to cook a breakfast.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Honey Nut Cheerios, plus the new Special K with Strawberries. The berries are real, just freeze dried, and the cereal itself seems a lot sugarier than normal Special K (try it you'll like it).

When I was a kid it was everything, I liked to switch. Capn' Crunch with Crunch Berries, Coco and Fruity Pepples, Trix, Coco Puffs, Sugar Smacks (old name), Count Chocula, Quisp, Quake, Lucky Charms. I'm sure I've forgot a few.

Oh I almost forgot, if you want an extremely sinful present day cereal try the Eggo Cereal, just make sure to take your insulin shot first!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Although I'm a self-proclaimed junk food junkie, I generally prefer healthier cereals over the super sweet kind. My favorites are Honey Nut Cheerios, Raisin Bran, Grape Nuts, Shredded Wheat, and Corn Flakes with fresh sliced banana. I do occasionally love Corn Pops and Honey Smacks, though!

I actually prefer hot cereals - oatmeal with fruit or brown sugar and butter, Cream of Wheat, or Malt O Meal.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Organic bran flakes with raisins then some fresh fruit on top of whatever's at hand. Soya milk really, really cold.

And in winter, selections of different porridge, ie oat, or quinoa (delicious cooked right down with a banana), or millet, or mix them all together. Cooked with soya milk, no sugar or salt, and sometimes sprinkle seeds over such as pumpkin. And maybe a teaspoon of omega oil mix.

And when I was a kid, anything with sugar, and if it didn't have sugar, like Weetabix or Shredded Wheat, it got it, a complete layer about half an inch thick all over. My dentist loved me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21