Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's Your Favorite Fall Weather Drink?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I've heard of using a small cube sized tid bit of real pumpkin and tossing it in a glass, pouring a few shots of Everclear in with it, a pinch of nut meg and a fire extinguisher....(crushed ice hit in blender high speed with vanilla ice cream). Of course I would guess some people would ruin the drink with a olive or two....

I've heard of using a small cube sized tid bit of real pumpkin and tossing it in a glass, pouring a few shots of Everclear in with it, a pinch of nut meg and a fire extinguisher....(crushed ice hit in blender high speed with vanilla ice cream). Of course I would guess some people would ruin the drink with a olive or two....

I'd rather just have a few shots of everclear and take small cube sized tidbits of pumpkin and toss them at people ordering any kind of pumpkin spiced drink. :p

Edward

Bartender
O.K. sounds nice. Will us "light weights" have a problem sailing a true course after downing the hatch with this one here?

I've never dared go beyond five in a twelve hour period, though I've never cared to get beyond a mellow buzz with alcohol. To give it some perspective, though, the recommended weekly intake of alcohol for men in the UK is 21units per week, no more than four units in one day, and women 14 units per week, no more than 3 units in one day (NHS figures; for women, that equates to one large glass of red in a day - a second doubles the RDI). By my reckoning, the Ginger Marlowe averages six units per glass (assuming the non-alcohol version of ginger beer). For that reason I tend not to hit them hard on a regular basis... on a regular night I'm more likely to stick to rum and ginger beer.

You had The House of ToE at Kraken. Sounds like a drink to taste in the near future after a bit of shopping.
:D

It's lovely stuff. I like Sailor Jerry's too, but whereas Jerry's is great with a mixer, the Kraken is so smoothe it's great over ice or even neat. Wonderful from a hpiflask if you're out in extremes of cold.

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
I don't drink alcoholic beverages so my fall drinks are hot chocolate with whipped cream or Earl Grey tea..or any black tea really with honorable mention going to English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast mixed with cream and sugar.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Got the latest issue of garden and gun... This one looked VERY good...

Sir Isaac Newton cocktail

Apple-Brandy-Sir-Isaac-Newton.jpg

Ingredients
1 oz. apple-cinnamon syrup*
½ oz. lemon juice
1½ oz. apple brandy
2 dashes Angostura bitters
1 very thin slice of apple, for garnish

Preparation: Combine the syrup, lemon juice, brandy, and bitters in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Float the apple slice on the drink for a garnish, and serve.

SEE: http://gardenandgun.com/article/drinks-southern-core

AvavanBlythe

Familiar Face
a good cup of coffee with apple pie

I agree with you and DH. I love Turkish coffee and ceylon tea. During this time of the year, I like to brew my own alcohol-free spiced mead. Years ago it became an Autumn tradition for me. Truth be told, I think I like to spice every hot drink I make. My tea needs rose hips or else. My hot chocolate has to have a dash of cinnamon and vanilla. I like to add vanilla, all spice, and nutmeg to my coffee.

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
My tea needs rose hips or else. My hot chocolate has to have a dash of cinnamon and vanilla. I like to add vanilla, all spice, and nutmeg to my coffee.

I've never thought of adding those spices to my coffee. I'm going to have to give it a try. Do you add the nutmeg or all spice before brewing or after?

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Is amontillado available in most specialty liquor joints? Every time I go searching, nobody has any idea what I'm talking about.

That's not surprising. Folks in the U.S. don't really seem to drink sherry much anymore. Similar to French appellation d'origine contrôlée for wine or German reinheitsgebot for beer, the Spanish take Sherry production very seriously. Up until a few years ago, a lot of sherries labeled Amontillado were sweetened, but this is now prohibited and they have to be labelled medium or "Amontillado blend." Unsweetened Amontillado is actually dry, but not quite as dry as other dry sherries.

The most readily available Amontillado I see in California is this label by Hartley & Gibson. For a cheap bottle it is remarkably okay.

hartley-gibson-s-amontillado-sherry-andalucia-spain-10157731.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk