Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's Your Favorite Fall Weather Drink?

Stan the Man

New in Town
Sweet apple cider. I live in apple country and one of the great things is stopping at an orchard's roadside stand and buying a gallon of fresh cider.

Since they all started pasteurizing or adding preservatives I buy cheap cooking apples and make my own cider in a juicer.

Non alcoholic, but becomes less non alcoholic if you let it ferment for a week or 2.

Makes a great hot drink too, with a cinnamon stick and a few cloves.

I completely agree. I also live in apple country.

One, and only one, local orchard sells unpasteurized cider at their stand. The elderly woman who runs the stand (an original Lipe of Lipe's Orchard) says if the health department makes them pasteurize their cider they will quit making it. I buy several gallons each fall.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
This isn't my dirty carpet or my cat...just a photo I found on the internet...but it is my favorite fall drink. And my favorite summer drink, too. But I typically use more ice and more bourbon and less coke. :eek:

IMG_20140527_211432_zps4b2fb7e2.jpg

AF

Edward

Bartender
The obvious answer to the question posed in t5he OP is a decent cup of tea, but since we're going down the alcoholic bent... On a cold day, it's hard to beat a nice mug of mulled wine or mulled cider. Otherwise, I'd recommend the same cocktail as I favour year round: The Ginger Marlowe. Named after myself, but designed by my lady friend, it has evolved to perfection thus:

Take a tall glass and add the following:

- one measure decent Whiskey (not the children's sort. Irish, preferably.)
- one measure dry London gin
- one measure spiced rum (I favour Sailor Jerry's, or The Kraken)
- Fill to the halfway point with Ginger Wine
- Fill glass to the top with ginger beer.

The last ingredient can be either alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Both work, though Perhaps the latter is more sensible should you be considering attempting more than one. I find I tend to be fairly jolly once the second kicks in...

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
The obvious answer to the question posed in t5he OP is a decent cup of tea, but since we're going down the alcoholic bent... On a cold day, it's hard to beat a nice mug of mulled wine or mulled cider. Otherwise, I'd recommend the same cocktail as I favour year round: The Ginger Marlowe. Named after myself, but designed by my lady friend, it has evolved to perfection thus:

The last ingredient can be either alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Both work, though Perhaps the latter is more sensible should you be considering attempting more than one. I find I tend to be fairly jolly once the second kicks in...

O.K. sounds nice. Will us "light weights" have a problem sailing a true course after downing the hatch with this one here?

You had The House of ToE at Kraken. Sounds like a drink to taste in the near future after a bit of shopping.
:D

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi
Beer, even Guinness Is A Year Round thing. My only fall drink is spiced apple cider. I drink hard cider year round too.
later

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
Come fall and winter, I really like a nice glass of quality amontillado or medium sherry in the evening.

Is amontillado available in most specialty liquor joints? Every time I go searching, nobody has any idea what I'm talking about.

Hi
Beer, even Guinness Is A Year Round thing. My only fall drink is spiced apple cider. I drink hard cider year round too.
later

Word of advice: stay away from Johnny Appleseed. Stuff tastes like an apple Jolly Rancher. I much prefer Redd's.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points