Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's Your Favorite Fall Weather Drink?

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
As the question asks: What is it?

I am a fan of the hot toddy myself, but then again, I think a nice whiskey or brandy makes anything better.

So what's yours? I guess you can say the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks if you want, but I was thinking more along the lines of something you can make yourself on those chilly fall nights.

Guinness is always nice in cool weather. If it's really chilly out, coffee or hot cocoa with Kahlua or Bailey's is good, with a little extra rum or vodka if it's miserable cold out.

Last edited:

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Sweet apple cider. I live in apple country and one of the great things is stopping at an orchard's roadside stand and buying a gallon of fresh cider.

Since they all started pasteurizing or adding preservatives I buy cheap cooking apples and make my own cider in a juicer.

Non alcoholic, but becomes less non alcoholic if you let it ferment for a week or 2.

Makes a great hot drink too, with a cinnamon stick and a few cloves.

Sweet apple cider. I live in apple country and one of the great things is stopping at an orchard's roadside stand and buying a gallon of fresh cider.

Since they all started pasteurizing or adding preservatives I buy cheap cooking apples and make my own cider in a juicer.

Non alcoholic, but becomes less non alcoholic if you let it ferment for a week or 2.

I bought a gallon jug of that at the farmers market just last week. It was gone by the second day.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

Add a few orange slices to your hot cider recipe and let it seep in the crockpot for a couple hours.... my favorite.

My second favorite is hard cider. The university I did my undergrad at used to sell unpasteurized cider up until about 8 years ago, and we used to buy an extra couple of gallons to leave in the fridge...

Almost the same. Hot apple cider with a couple shots of Southern Comfort and a cinnamon stick in a large paper cup.... preferably walking around the city circle in Indianapolis on a crisp Autumn afternoon and grabbing a loaded up steamy polish sausage on a chewy fresh bun from a street vendor's cart. ;):cool:
HD

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
Almost the same. Hot apple cider with a couple shots of Southern Comfort and a cinnamon stick in a large paper cup.... preferably walking around the city circle in Indianapolis on a crisp Autumn afternoon and grabbing a loaded up steamy polish sausage on a chewy fresh bun from a street vendor's cart. ;):cool:
HD
Sounds good.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Lagavulin Scotch. I only buy one bottle per year, and I make it last, sipping it on cool fall evenings out on my front porch.

winterland1

Practically Family
Mead nectar of the gods and I am not making that up.
Mead has existed in almost all ancient cultures . Mesopotanier, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, and Mayans all had some form of mead, and almost always it was considered to be the gods drink.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21