Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's Your Guilty Pleasure?

Dagwood

Practically Family
I am very excited today. Why? Because the new Kelly Clarkson album is out!!

I have to admit that she is my guilty pleasure. For whatever reason, I love her music. People may laugh but, gosh darn it, I can't help myself.

Do you have any guilty pleasures that you are sometimes embarrassed to admit - food, music, hobbies, etc.?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I don't believe in them.

I totally admit to liking New Kids On The Block, Milli Vanilli, "Achy Breaky Heart", and Stock/Aitken/Waterman's 1980s output! :)

And I'm proud.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
There's nothing I'm embarrassed about, but some of my friends would consider that being obsessed with the all-girl metal band Kittie is something to be ashamed of. I can't help it, they are just amazing! And my friends are just jealous that they aren't bad-a** enough to listen to metal. ;)

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
Dagwood said:
I am very excited today. Why? Because the new Kelly Clarkson album is out!!
I have to admit that she is my guilty pleasure. For whatever reason, I love her music.

I have to admit I am a big Clarkson fan too, but the advance word for Clarkson's newest album is not good.

I've heard her sing or should I say scream a few of those tracks. I think Clarkson's new album was a rock-based effort. She had to go back into the studio at the very last moment and change a few of the tracks.

I saw Clarkson last week on a GAC (Great American Country) Special with Reba McIntyre. The two of them were a dynamic duo. I think they replaced some of the former rock tracks on her new album with country tunes.

S

Samsa

MrNewportCustom said:
I never feel guilt about pleasure. What good is that? :D

Lee

Guilty pleasure - the other oxymoron. lol

^ What he said.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I too loved New Kids on the Block. My guilty pleasure is probably Huey Lewis music and SheRa toys. I also like to collect old Pooh bears, especially the Sears ones that were popular in the 70s. I have a small orphanage for Poohs going on in my house. I see one on ebay and just want to give it a good home.

Oh back to add one more: BJ's Brewhouse's AppleWood Bacon Pizza. MMMM!

Flivver

Practically Family
I've never told anyone this, but I sometimes watch the Lawrence Welk Show on New Hampshire Public Television. It brings back happy childhood memories of watching it with my grandparents back in the late 1950s.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The other Dick Dale

Sometimes!? It's not Saturday night without me seeing the sartorial wonders of the Welk family. I'm not being sarcastic; just last week I looked at the screen and as usual liked what I saw and said to a pug, "What would some of the Loungers think if they knew I like the clothes the guys and gals wear on The Show?" Well, some of them wouldn't be a bit surprised. lol I like most of the music.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Shep Fields and his Rippling Rhythm. The bubbles thru the soda straw, the slurpy saxophones, the quack-quack muted trumpets, the smeary trombones, the strangled accordion, the clippety-cloppety rhythm section, the adenoids of Bobby Goday -- I love the whole package, and I don't know why.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
The Sims 2 :eek: To be fair though, all of my Sims wear vintage and live in Art Deco style houses.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Flivver said:
I've never told anyone this, but I sometimes watch the Lawrence Welk Show on New Hampshire Public Television. It brings back happy childhood memories of watching it with my grandparents back in the late 1950s.

I have the very same memories from my own childhood. Wonderful, isn't it?
I remember my grandfather laughing himself into tears when Welk danced with the woman whose wig flew off.

Some of mine: Andy Williams' Moon River.
A homemade biscuit with orange marmalade.
Sneaking to the antique mall by myself after I get a haircut (it's across the street).

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
I don't know that I feel guilty about this, but I'm a big auto racing fan, especially F1 (thus my new avatar of Dan Gurney and his Eagle). And, I'm a Jeff Gordon/Nascar fan. I doubt either will make me popular around here. lol

What I feel guilty about is I have two Rick Springfield songs on one of my 1980s compilation CDs, and I actually still like the songs! :eek: :eek:

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo