Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I get a Bogart style fedorea like this?

Heater

Familiar Face
bogart.jpg

I really like the look of these fedoras with the wide brim. My Indy style fedora is O.K. but I'd like another option. Is this a 2 5/8" brim? and what is the crown called? Thanks in advance.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bogart.jpg

I really like the look of these fedoras with the wide brim. My Indy style fedora is O.K. but I'd like another option. Is this a 2 5/8" brim? and what is the crown called? Thanks in advance.

It looks to me like a 2 1/2 to 2 5/8, but no larger or smaller. Bogart was actually a small guy, so on him the 2 1/2 might look big. The crown is creased in a "teardrop" fashion with tight front pinch. I am not skilled at estimating crown height though. If you could only find the right vintage hat, you could get that one perhaps. His hats look to me to be off the shelf, and probably conformed to standard styles.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Look at my avatar. It's a VS custom with a 6" crown and a 2 3/8" brim. Art Fawcett created it for me, and I creased it. To really get that look you need a high crown with a deep bash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav