Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Hat Do You Love?

Brando11

A-List Customer
No hedging. No, "I have several..." If the house were on fire and you only had time to grab ONE, which one is it?

Here's mine-
'63 Stetson 25 Open Road

http://

-Brando

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Purely on its own merits, my Open Road is also my go to hat.
Photo33.jpg

If I were to only have one hat though, it would probably be my Squatter, as my sister brought it back from Australia, so it has a bit of added sentimental value.
Photo58.jpg

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
I'd grab my resistol 880 stingy. For regular wear my fed IV has been seeing more use, but I love the fit/feel of the vintage resistol and it can't be replaced. I can order another Fed.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Hm. I guess it would be the tan, newer Resistol Open Road clone. Rationalizing it, I could say it's because it fits well and can go with either casual clothes or a sport jacket . . . but I just like wearing it.

MCrider

A-List Customer
Only One?

But they fit so nicely on top of each other when your running from a burning building. Plus this way your favorite won't get burnt!
:D

Even though I have a few nicer hats, the one I'd grab would be the Foreman and Clark I purchased back in 1980. Most of the others can be replaced. You can't replace the first hat you purchased.

Foreman01.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
183196_737223346458_11701808_39642947_7575557_n.jpg

It would probably have to be my new custom from Black Sheep Hat works....
134415_717623938828_11701808_39215591_2870686_o.jpg

And it would only edge out my Resistol OR clone because this is my other "go to" hat.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I think it would have to be my recently converted-into-fedora Stetson St. Regis. Right now, it is just my absolute favorite hat, even over the Akubra Fed IV and Stetson Open Road.

Photoon2011-02-26at16362.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Well, I would already have my favorite hat on, so I guess I would grab the most expensive Optimo 1000. Then I would have 2 hats. You will never catch me without a hat on.

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
Do you know what you're asking here? Among this crew it's a bit like Sophie's Choice...

I'll second that! But here's an idea...I'd grab the three kids, the wife ..and the hats. With one atop each their heads and a few in each hand!!!.
Seriously though....in a fire...I don't think I'd be thinkin of the hats, I've come too close to that reality once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass