Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whippet by Art Fawcett!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I asked Art if he could make me his version of a whippet since I am not likely to find one in my size. I also wanted Dark Moss but wanted something a little different than the Sportaire.
So this is what we ended up with! Dark Moss with a camel colored ribbon and a diamond crease.:D :D I already love this hat! It has a few subtle differences that maybe Art can expound on, The sweat has ventilation holes and is really soft. Of course there is the black liner and I noticed on the sweat it says VS custom hats which I could not see on my other one. Did I already mention I love this hat?:D
So here it is! I keep thinking of it as my Army hat since it is kinda Army green and Tan.:rolleyes: ;)

P3190005.jpg

P3190007.jpg

P3190006.jpg

P3190001.jpg

P3190002.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Excellent! I love Art's ribbon work.

Make sure you put that picture in the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame thread.

So...what's the next one going to be? ;)

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
That is GORGEOUS!

Righteously sweeeeeeet!...IC, you and Art done goooood!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Big congratulations!

Now is this a cross between a Whippet and a Sportaire?

Stoney

Practically Family
Awesome hat.

Congrats IC and great job, as usual, Art.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Oddly enough, I putting together a stingy tall crown hat with very similar color felt and ribbon. I thought the color scheme would be fairly original but I guess not .lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
AlanC said:
Excellent! I love Art's ribbon work.

Make sure you put that picture in the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame thread.

So...what's the next one going to be? ;)
I have to send him my panama next!:D Then I will still want a silverbelly and a Midnite...:eusa_doh: .

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Terrific.....

indycop said:
Somehow I left out the best pic!:eusa_doh:

P3190004.jpg
I like the perforated sweat & the contrast of the Black & tan of the liner & sweat together. The ribbon treatment is amazing, as usual. Super color. Looks Terrific on ya Buddy. Wear it in good health.

Another Amazing job Art. :eusa_clap

I'm still saving my pennies & creating my ideas for you,1 day soon I hope. [huh]

PhilS

One of the Regulars
Great Hat! Now help me design mine..

I just sent in a deposit and need to decide what to get. I think something with a hint of western, lower crown, minimal vertical tapering. Maybe it would be easier to reshape my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR