Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whisker Wars!!

MissChloeCorville

Familiar Face
A new show on IFC starting the fifth of this month!!! I cannot tell you how excited I was to see this! I have always been a fan of facial hair be it beards or mustaches and this show has both! I would love to see all the different looks u guys have! ;) The beard to me, is a comforting reminder of yester-year. I just can imagine mountain men in the twenties, mustaches of ( my favorite) William Powell all the way to iconic Chaplin. Even though I think mustaches have gotten very trendy ( having there own show and all) HEHE! I still love em' and think more men should have em'. What are y'alls thoughts? :)

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
As you can imagine, I prefer facial hair:

DSC05865.jpg

I haven't been clean shaven since I was 14, and had a beard until January, when I decided to let the 'tache go solo. I don't curl it every day anymore, I wear it in a 'Hungarian' style more often these days:

DSC06188.jpg

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
If I let my facial hair go more than a day, it gets itchy and feels uncomfortable. At age 25 I still can't grow a real good tache unfortunately, but If/when I can I think I'll try out the "Chopper Read" Walrus and see if I like it :cool:...

chopper_l.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That I like!
I work with a guy who's beard is that long.
I could grow mine that long but honestly I have no desire to do so.
It would be cool for keeping stuff in though. :)

JimWagner

Practically Family
I've had a beard for most of my adult life and the few times I've cut it off my wife has made it known that I should grow it back asap. The first time my daughter saw me without a beard, I think she was three years old at the time, she cried. Her daughter, who is three now, has never seen me without a beard.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Ever since the hipsters in Brooklyn started digging (and aping) the beards of their Hasidic neighbors, there has been an explosion of bushy lumberjack chins in 'cool' urban enclaves. In Los Feliz and Silver Lake, Los Angeles's 'arty village' neighborhoods, you can't walk down the street without bumping into some 20-something guy with six inches of really thick, untrimmed, rowdy beard. It's everywhere around here.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I don't know what the purpose of this is either, but I'll play.
This was taken a few months ago while I was in the yard.
Any time I can get a chance to put my dogs in the pic, I will.
With my Bedlie....
184.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff